Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac! With almost 400 years of rich history, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton's, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram's V.O., Myers's, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We're proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the "Best Places to Work in Kentucky" four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of "world's most award-winning distillery" through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry. Job Description/Responsibilities
The Sazerac Company Archives are dedicated to the collection, organization, preservation, and interpretation of its historical records. The archives exist to explore Sazerac's history, culture, innovation, and leadership. Archives curates, researches, and interprets brand histories to support current brand goals. These brand goals are supported by the development of homeplace and virtual exhibits through the utilization of documents, photography, artifacts, art, and media.
Sazerac Company Archives' internship offers students a thorough opportunity to work in the distilled spirits industry. This role supports brand development and homeplace visitor experiences through the management of the company assets and using the archive collections to relay stories to our customers, visitors, and fans.
Our Interns work closely with our archivist, curator of visitor experiences, and company leadership on a wide variety of tasks ranging from preservation and cataloging of artifacts to the design and installation of exhibits. The diversity of archival projects ensures that interns can work on something aligned with their interest and career aspirations while advancing the Sazerac Company Archives' goals.
Duties of an Archival Intern may include
- Helping identify and assess research potential of materials
- Processing the collection (sorting, packaging, labelling) preparing entries for Past Perfect Database
- Digitizing records and uploading / organizing files in our Digital Asset Management System to e nsure asset accessibility
- Adhering to Sazerac's standard practice documents to ensure uniformity and quality in archival products
- Planning and or preparing exhibits, which could include working with vendors
- Using critical thinking when using diverse sets of materials
- MUST be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program
- Ability to work in person in the Archives Office located at Buffalo Trace Distillery
- Ability to work minimum of 10 hours a week, scheduled days and times are flexible, but must adhere to scheduled hours identified in discussion between intern and archivist
- Ability and willingness to commit to reaching project milestones on an agreed upon timeline
- Ability to work individually and with a team
- C urrently pursuing Bachelors or better in history, museum studies, preservation, marketing, design, or related coursework
- Passion for learning and growing your skill set
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills
- Proactive problem-solver
- Willingness to ask questions
- Desire to lead teams
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong work ethic
- Attention to detail