Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton's, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram's V.O., Myers's, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We're proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the "Best Places to Work in Kentucky" four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of "world's most award-winning distillery" through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. During COVID-19, Sazerac distilleries began producing hand sanitizer for some of the world's largest organizations in healthcare, government, military, retail, distribution, airline, pharma, and banking. Also, during this time, while many companies are wading through uncertainty, Sazerac is poised for acquisition and growth - recently acquiring 18 more brands, two companies and a distillery.
Since 1850, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! We attribute our success to a unique blend of our history, culture, brands, relationships, innovation, technology, and most importantly, our people. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry. Job Description/Responsibilities
Responsible for process design, operation and implementation as well as environmental compliance at our facilities. Improve industrial processes in order to maintain efficiency, reduce cost, improve sustainability and maximize profitability. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects and reliability related activities. Apply engineering principles while striving to improve quality, productivity, and waste, while ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals. Monitor the tracking of environmental permit requirements. Inspect industrial facilities and programs to ensure compliance with environmental regulations. Interact with state and federal EPA compliance offers with consulting agencies.
- Focuses on the plants process improvements to drive productivity and safety. Ensure adherence to Personal Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Environmental Policies and Practices. Analyzes and resolves problems relating to product quality in a timely manner to avoid loss of product and incorrect product being bottled.
- Meets and exceeds customer expectations through the support of Processing equipment and systems to deliver product on time within budget and to meet quality specifications. Troubleshoots operating problems, evaluates the situation and coordinates resolution.
- Ensures processing efficiency within cost standards. Monitor efficiencies, quality and production data to improve yields and throughput without sacrificing quality. Works with Processing, Quality, and internal and external Technical resources to analyze and resolve issues related to efficiency, processes, material, loss and waste.
- Support processing capacity planning and inventory accuracy efforts. Identify, streamline, and document the processing planning processes with focus on improving efficiencies, reducing errors, and improving the quality of work.
- Utilize the priority system to enable focus on key priorities that will grow the company faster. Complete assigned tasks in a timely fashion. Monitor progress towards accomplishment of priorities, projects and tasks.
- Assist in identifying and planning of annual capital projects within the department. Support the process by ensuring that projects are submitted, prioritized and executed on time/budget.
- Ensures Processing operations meet regulatory requirements including OSHA, EPA and TTB regulations. Takes immediate corrective action when needed to stay in compliance.
- Creates and executes a personal Career Develop Plan with manager with identified career goals and skill development needed to achieve the goals.
- Minimum Engineering or related degree
- Minimum of 5 years of relatable experience
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate with all levels of an org
- Comfortable with change in a fast moving environment
- Demonstrated success in the design and implementation of process improvement initiatives
- Detail oriented and demonstrated ability to perform work with high degree of accuracy
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles
- Working knowledge of MS Office Products (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills