Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac! With almost 400 years of rich history, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton's, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram's V.O., Myers's, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We're proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the "Best Places to Work in Kentucky" four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of "world's most award-winning distillery" through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry. Company/Location Overview
REMOTE WORK POSSIBILITY - this role will support Field Sales East and the preference is that someone would be based in FL or KY, but this is not a must. Job Description/Responsibilities
This position is responsible for human capital leadership for the commercial sales organization. This is composed of roughly 500 employees across the US. The role is responsible for driving organizational strength, performance management, talent management, talent development, career path, succession planning, data, metrics, analysis and compensation planning for these groups.
- Ensures employee development is taking place. Builds manager capability to provide meaningful feedback, coaching and career growth for employees. Ensures engagement with systems and resources for performance improvement. Managers are held accountable for training and development of direct reports. Improves own skills as defined in development plan.
- Partners with Talent Acquisition to ensure all positions are filled with high quality candidates in a timely manner. Ensures use of Sazerac hiring and staffing system and processes. Develops internal pipeline of talent to maximize succession planning.
- Ensures timely reporting, data and analytics are completed for human capital measures within the client group. Understands and drives links between human capital and other business measures and metrics. Utilizes reporting to identify insights, gaps and/or trends. Builds Manager capability in reporting for a deeper engagement and commitment in team member metrics.
- Ensures that policies, practices, actions and activities in client group are in line with legal and regulatory requirements. Shares and implements best practices from across Sazerac. Demonstrates managerial and moral courage to ensure that the right thing is being done, for both employees and the business.
- Leads the Career Development for the territory and partners in Succession Planning across Field Sales to make a positive impact on careers and the Sales team. Acts as a resource for leadership teams in the use of related systems and processes. Ensures development plans are being implemented.
- Ensures alignment to Sazerac culture within client group and is a role model ambassador for the organization.
- Ensures appropriate and proactive labor and employee relations with client group. Outcome is a highly engaged workforce that recommends Sazerac as a great place to work. Demonstrates managerial and moral courage to ensure that the right thing is being done, for both employees and the business.
- Ensures that all new hires and promotees in client group are on boarded effectively, able to perform their roles within their first 90 days. Toward that end, each new hire or promotee should have an onboarding plan in place prior to starting. That plan should be reviewed and monitored during the first 30, 60, 90 and 180 days. There should be no performance gap for new hire or promotee beyond one year, at the maximum.
- Utilizes PPT as a task/project management tool where and when appropriate. Uses PPT to accelerate progress on projects, identify / keep in contact with team members and make sure all projects are up to date.
- Responsible for ensuring that the field sales team is at full org strength, the team is being optimally managed and results are being achieved. The HRM Field Sales is a fully vested business partner, accountable for ensuring Sazerac has the human capital responsible for achieving its revenue goals.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources or related field
- 5 years relevant HR experience
- Proven strong analytical and technical skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Comfortable with change in a fast moving environment,
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Customer service oriented with the ability to work well under pressure
- Demonstrate the ability to work as a team as well as self-directed
- Experience in performance development or employee relations & engagement
- Experience sourcing talent and developing best practices for attracting that talent
- Organizational Development experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of all relevant government regulations
- full cycle recruitment experience
- Training, coaching, and curriculum development.
- Change Management experience
- Experience driving change in an organization
- Ability to travel (up to 25%)
- A valid driver's license