Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac! With almost 400 years of rich history, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton's, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram's V.O., Myers's, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We're proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the "Best Places to Work in Kentucky" four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of "world's most award-winning distillery" through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry. Job Description/Responsibilities
Provides HR support for the commercial field sales team. A steward of the desired culture, providing knowledgeable and professional guidance, administers HR functions such as compliance with employment laws and regulations, policies and programs; maintenance of employment records, hiring and staffing; onboarding; data collection and analysis; accurate maintenance of HRIS systems; benefits, and training and development.
- Administers onboarding for commercial team members, including remote field sales. This includes onboarding steps such as I9, NEA, Dayforce set up and other internal systems. Reviews all I9 forms for new hires to ensure accurate completion; follows up with hiring managers and related partners for onboarding as needed. Ensures an overall seamless onboarding process. Recruits for intern positions for the Commercial team, as needed.
- Maintains HRIS systems to insure employee personal and organizational data is accurate and up to date; maintains and audits electronic and physical employment files to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and policies/programs; compiles and analyzes data, providing reports and recommendations. Compiles and tracks key HR information. Responds to inquiries from commercial team members for systems, benefits, payroll inquiries and tuition reimbursement processing, government agencies and external organizations in a timely and accurate manner, ensuring a high level of customer service.
- Guides onboarding process for new employees. Conducts new employee orientation; ensures that all new employees are given benefits, policies, and other necessary information. Develops, coordinates and communicates orientation schedules. Follows up with new employees on related questions. Leads HR orientation program for new employees and temporary agency assignments. Partners with Talent Development team for continuous improvement of the orientation program to fully meet needs of new employees and the company.
- Develops and distributes assigned employee communications. Participates in planning, execution and communication of employee activities for commercial team. As a steward of the desired culture, assists with administration of culture survey process, analysis of survey responses and preparation of the presentations to communicate results. Provides knowledgeable and professional guidance to management on employee issues and recommends ways to address.
- Continually monitors processes related to assigned responsibilities to reduce process failures, minimizes manual work, improves quality of output and reduces time required to execute the process. Also facilitates the plant's continuous improvement board.
- Compiles and analyzes exit interview information to identify trends and summarizes results to address cultural issues. Reports findings and recommends corrective actions. Gathers insights and data from team member turnover analysis.
- Maintains data necessary for compliance with human resource related reporting requirements, including EEOC, DOL, ERISA, UI, OSHA, etc. Manages unemployment insurance claims process, including responses to claims. Manages the FMLA process including documentation, communication and compliance with regulations and required timelines. Ensures adherence to Personal Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Environmental Policies and Practices.
- Works closely with my manager to improve own skills, which will lead to improved personal performance and benefit personal professional growth as well as the company's success. Continually seeks ways to improve performance as measured by departmental KPI's. Supports workforce development via administration of policies and programs; conducts training, provides coaching to improve skills and performance and ensures continuous improvement is occurring.
- Undergraduate Degree
- Minimum 3 years relevant HR experience
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Solid computer skills
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Strong detail orientation
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to communicate with all levels of an org
- PHR/SPHR certification
- Ability to quickly learn new systems/processes
- Verbally communicate with others to exchange information
- Ability to pick up and/or move objects up to 10 pounds without assistance