Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac! With almost 400 years of rich history, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton's, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram's V.O., Myers's, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We're proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the "Best Places to Work in Kentucky" four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of "world's most award-winning distillery" through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry. Job Description/Responsibilities
The duties of Government Compliance Clerk are to audit incoming imports, recordkeeping of tax paid and customs bonded PO's, and reconciliation of monthly and annual Customs Bonded inventory. Complete export documentation, ensure compliance on export orders from the CBW and recordkeeping on all export orders. Audit semi-monthly FET Report from broker and inform customs manager/broker of any discrepancies. Prepare semi-monthly FET and provide support to the Government Compliance Supervisor.
- Imports/Customs Bonded Warehouse
- Audit on incoming imports (to assure correct quantity/items are being received and inform planner(s)/customs manager/broker when discrepancies arise)
- Recordkeeping of tax paid and customs bonded POs; Export Complete export documentation(s) requested by Global Customer Service
- Prepares documents for Duty payments to US Customs on imports
- Provide support to the Government Compliance Supervisor as needed with report preparation, reconciliation, and record filing as required
- Perform routine internal audits of various functions including but not limited to production, inventory and plant to ensure compliance with US Customs recordkeeping/proper transaction recording requirements. Accounts for all inventory held in our Customs Bonded Warehouse (CBW) and ensures that records support all quantities on hand. Assist with US Customs audits and compliance. Maintain up to date standard operating procedures for US Customs and record retention. Ensure adherence to Personal Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Environmental Policies and Practices.
- Work closely with Supervisor to improve work-related skills, which will lead to improved performance and benefit my professional growth as well as the company's success.
- Develop and maintain solid professional working relationships inside and outside the company.
- Develop and continuously sharpen a career development plan. Identify and focus on areas or skills needed to advance career with that plan.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Solid computer skills
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Strong detail orientation
- Excellent organizational skills
- Requires Experience working with external/internal auditors
- 2 years successful work experience, at a minimum
- Knowledge of import/export processes/regulations (FDA, US Customs)
- Undergraduate Degree in Accounting, Business or related field
- Requires Experience in a compliance related field such as TTB, Customs, IRS, auditing
- Requires Wine and spirits industry experience