Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac! With almost 400 years of rich history, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton's, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram's V.O., Myers's, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We're proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the "Best Places to Work in Kentucky" four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of "world's most award-winning distillery" through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry. Company/Location Overview
Buffalo Trace Distillery is a family-owned company based in Franklin County, Kentucky, whose rich distilling tradition dates back to 1787. Buffalo Trace is a fully operational distillery producing bourbon, rye, and vodka on site, and is listed on the National Historic Register. Buffalo Trace has been awarded seven distillery titles since 2000 and has also garnered more than 150 awards for its premium whiskies. www.buffalotrace.com Job Description/Responsibilities
- Ensure exceptional customer services is provided to all Buffalo Trace visitors.
- Ensure Gift Shop is attractive and has broad appeal with merchandise selection and arrangement. Receive merchandise into the Quick Books system. Match invoices to purchase orders. Ensure inventory items are re-stocked daily. Recommend inventory purchases and placement in Gift Shop. Work as cashier as needed.
- Ensure items are stocked continually. Prepare and stock Gift Bags. Be attentive to visitor comments and questions. Ensure adherence to Personal Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Environmental Policies and Practices.
- Continually strive for improvements in tour and Gift Shop operations. Make suggestions to management to enhance tours and expand opportunities for sales.
- Work with other Gift Shop Associates and Tour Guides to generate revenues and raving fans of the Buffalo Trace Distillery.
- Daily check stock in Gift shop and re-stock as necessary. Keep watch on inventory of liquor, food items, root beer and bourbon candy. Re-order as necessary. As needed, make up gift bags and stock, nickle and sticker bourbon bottles, ensure bourbons are signed by the Master Distiller as necessary.
- Perform other daily tasks as assigned which may include check in desk, directional support, tasting bar support, curbside sales fulfilment and visitor health screening.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- 21+ years of age
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Ability to project a professional image
- Ability to work on your feet, sit, climb stairs/ladders, bend, kneel, and squat continuously during shift
- Willingness to travel
- Experience dealing with VIP guests
- Experience in customer service, retail
- Tourism experience