Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac! With almost 400 years of rich history, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton's, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram's V.O., Myers's, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We're proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the "Best Places to Work in Kentucky" four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of "world's most award-winning distillery" through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry. Job Description/Responsibilities
This role will drive development of business unit across categories, channels and countries. Identify new opportunities to develop brands and grow the business. Create operating budget and use KPIs to ensure that execution standards are achieved by the team. Monitor results through the use of VIP, Cognos and SBA Portal. Track and report results on a quarterly and annual basis and collaborate with sales and marketing teams to ensure success.
- Contribute to Sazerac's overall financial performance by developing and delivering B & R long term global growth plan and annual operating plan.
- Works closely with Brand and Sales Teams to align on state priorities. Prioritize KPIs & resources to achieve goals. Uses Portal and VIP to measure and analyze progress against priority brands.
- Develop and assign KPIs for the team and track them in company systems to ensure they are focused on the key priorities for the market. Review and gain alignment with sales and marketing teams. Develop and implement programs which will ensure achievement of KPIs as well as establishing accountability for B&R team.
- Establish well organized priorities for yourself, ensure roles are well defined with Sazerac sales and marketing team members and that people understand interdependency and collaboration needs. Ensure proactive communication to all parties.
- Provide intelligence regarding trends and emerging consumer behavior and consumption patterns. Look for opportunities to develop the appropriate new brand acquisitions in the B&R portfolio.
- Utilize PDS system to identify places for self improvement and as a tool to develop Bond & Royal CSS's. Conduct optimal performance discussions, articulate consistent skill evaluations, coach performance and recommend actions and tactics. Measure progress and provide written and oral feedback to enable individual development.
- Develop the careers of B & R team members and monitor the progress through the implementation of the Career Development System. This system will ensure the long-term development, experiences and training are planned for employees who have career development aspirations.
- Identify and update customer and distributor key contacts information in the Key Contacts Access System. Develop and build relationships with these key contacts and ensure status on each is updated regularly as a way of informing others.
- Lead hiring process for Bond & Royal, utilize support resources and peer support for finding talent, recruiting and interviewing. Ensure open positions are filled within 3 months and always with candidates who demonstrate long term commitment and potential.
- Manage and develop Strong relationships with suppliers. Ensure objectives are aligned and plans are delivered to achieve goals. Communicate competitive pricing issues, coordinate supplier training and market visits as needed.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Bachelor Degree in Business or commensurate experience
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office products
- Record of successful leadership
- Proven strong analytical and technical skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours (nights/weekends)
- Proven team building capabilities/strong cross-functional teammate, strong organizational skills, and ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Charismatic leader with evidence of strong interpersonal and teambuilding skills
- Ability to drive results in a complex, high-growth company
- Strong customer service aptitude, ability to work with all levels of the organization from Field Level to Executive Management
- 5 years Experience in the alcoholic beverage industry
- 5 years Budgeting, planning and/or financial analysis experience.
- 5 years Supervisory experience
- A valid driver's license
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- 3 years Marketing Experience
- 5 years Proven track record of developing strategic partnerships with various client groups, including internal and external groups.