Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac! With almost 400 years of rich history, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton's, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram's V.O., Myers's, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We're proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the "Best Places to Work in Kentucky" four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of "world's most award-winning distillery" through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry. Company/Location Overview The Glenmore Distillery
has been a fixture in the Owensboro Community since the late 1800s. During Prohibition, The Glenmore Distillery
was fortunate enough to be one of four distilleries in the country allowed to operate on a limited scale for medicinal necessity.
In March of 2009 the Sazerac Company purchased the distillery and reprised the name The Glenmore Distillery. The distillery boasts one of the largest and most modern bottling facilities in the country and continues to be a sizable employer in the city of Owensboro, KY.
The Sazerac Company's vision is to become one of the industry's most desired places to be. The company attributes its success to a unique blend of history, culture, brands, relationships, innovation, technology, and most importantly, its people.
For more information, please visit www.sazerac.com . Job Description/Responsibilities
The ASRS Technical Supervisor supervises the ASRS technicians and skilled mechanics to efficiently operate the entire ASRS system. is responsible for managing the parts inventory, equipment tracking and spare parts recording; leads the PM scheduling effort and builds database of critical and recommended OEM PMs for entire plant operations and equipment; supports training and the overall facility safety program.
Qualifications/Requirements REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Supports ASRS in accomplishing the production needs within safety, quality, budgetary and regulatory guidelines by ensuring timely and efficient maintenance of ASRS and related equipment. Plans and implements operational and mechanical improvements. Assesses, analyzes, troubleshoots and determines solutions to mechanical problems, to support productivity of ASRS Technicians. Contributes to the planning and evaluation of ASRS changes. Provides direction to the installation and modification of equipment.
- Understand and comply with safety requirements of position; keep safety top of mind at all times and prevent co-workers from working unsafely. Report all safety concerns and all accidents and near misses immediately. Participate in safety inspections and accident investigations. Keep workplace clean and free of debris at all times.
- Provides instruction and technical training to ASRS Technicians, and Team Members on equipment, procedures, and improving skill levels. Fosters teamwork, motivates, coaches, and develops direct reports. Creates and develops a personal development plan with the Distribution Manager to improve a skill/competency that will develop personal skills and improve performance.
- Ensures adherence to applicable manufacturing standards. Analyzes and resolves quality problems relating to the ASRS. Ensure equipment is set up, installed and maintained in such a manner that results in complete compliance with package specifications. Ensure adherence to Personal Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Environmental Policies and Practices.
- Continually seeks ways to reduce cost of operations. Works in concert with all bottling management and employees to ensure production quanity and quality that meets customer demands. Maintains supplies for the Bottling Maintenance Department while wor Ensure that defect free products are scheduled, produced and shipped, in full and on time to meet customer demand.
- Understand and work with established standards to deliver the highest and most consistent levels of excellent customer service.
- Ensure production efficiency within cost standards. Tracks efficiencies and production data to improve yields and output. Helps prepare and manage annual and longer term operating plans to reduce costs without sacrificing quality or quantity. Assists in annual budget preparation for the ASRS.
- Behave as described by our core values of Integrity and Trust, Ethics and Values, Building Team Spirit, Fairness, Caring, Results, Managing and Measuring, Action Oriented, Priority Setting and Total Quality Management. Treat all employees with respect and dignity. Provides leadership to the ASRS Team in a manner consistent with the culture of the company. Ensures employees are treated fairly and with respect. Creates a team environment where all employees are encouraged to make a difference in meeting and exceeding production goals.
- Perform job in a responsible manner and in compliance with Company procedures and applicable rules and regulations. Ensure all Bottling Maintenance Department employees perform in a manner necessary to meet regulatory requirements including OSHA, EPA and TTB regulations.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office Products (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Ability to quickly learn new systems/processes
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Supervisory experience
- Familiar with beverage processing and its associated equipment
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles
- Experience designing and/or implementing OSHA, HACCP, USDA programs