Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac! With almost 400 years of rich history, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton's, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram's V.O., Myers's, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We're proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the "Best Places to Work in Kentucky" four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of "world's most award-winning distillery" through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry. Job Description/Responsibilities
The incumbent will report to the Distillery Production Manager and will be responsible for the continuous operation of the whisky production process from grain receiving through to secondary distillation. The full rate for this position is $33.41/hr, with a starting rate of $26.73/hr. The ideal candidate will be required to work effectively with co-workers to maintain a high level of safety, quality, productivity and cooperation, and to work rotating shifts. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to gain extensive knowledge of the spirits manufacturing process. Furthermore, they will actively engage with leadership and colleagues to strive for improvements in our processes.
We are committed to protecting the health and safety of all of our employees. Safety is our number one priority. Responsibilities Include (But Not Limited To):
- Receiving bulk ingredients and shipping by-products
- Performing routine inspections of distillery equipment
- Starting-up, operating, and shutting-down all equipment and systems involved in milling, mashing, fermentation, distillation, and by-product recovery
- Accurately and diligently maintaining operational records
- Collecting and analyzing in-process quality samples
- Monitoring and maintaining stocks of consumable goods in production department
- Operating lift-trucks and other lift-devices as well as hoists
- Conducting confined space entries, as required
- Adhering to all site health & safety standards
- Participating in continuous improvement teams to reduce losses
- Comfortable operating equipment
- Comfortable working independently with minimal supervision
- Strong computer skills
- Reliable and honest
- Ambitious, self-motivated and goal-oriented
While experience operating equipment is beneficial, no previous experience is required for the role. We are an inclusive employer and welcome all applicants who have the key skills identified above.
Job Type: Full-time Salary: $26.73/hr. Benefits:
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
To keep our employees and visitors safe, we have strict site access policies, have implemented daily temperature and symptom checks, as well as site-wide social distancing and mask-use policies.
- Secondary School (Required)