Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac! With almost 400 years of rich history, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton's, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram's V.O., Myers's, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We're proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the "Best Places to Work in Kentucky" four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of "world's most award-winning distillery" through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry. Company/Location Overview
As a small and privately-owned company, The A. Smith Bowman Distillery
continues the time-honored traditions on which it was founded. Considered a micro-distillery by today's standards, A. Smith Bowman produces an assortment of hand-crafted sprits distilled from only the finest natural ingredients and using the latest technology. This micro-distillery focuses on the production of premium spirits honoring the legacy of Virginia's first settlers. Looking ahead, the micro-distillery has innovative ideas for new and different small batch products of all sorts, honoring the rich distilling tradition dating back more than 60 years. The distillery is part of the Sazerac family of companies.
For more information, please visit www.asmithbowman.com or www.sazerac.com Job Description/Responsibilities
The Distiller will be responsible for A. Smith Bowman operations and homeplace: growing the business to deliver the highest levels of customer service and quality, ensuring resources, systems and processes are in place for flawless execution. Promotes and represents ASB to support the marketing effort to establish the distillery as a highly recognized and respected producer of award winning spirits. Responsibilities:
Qualifications/Requirements Required Qualifications:
- Lead operations at A. Smith Bowman Distillery, focusing on quality, innovation, and continuity of our distilling and aging processes. Lead and assist with projects pertaining to craft distilling operations improvements to support increasing production demands, increasing tourism, and meet assigned key performance indicators. Ensure identification and documentation of processes related to the operation of ASB, and drive continuous improvements to these processes. Monitor variances and lead initiatives to achieve target of $0 variances.
- Ensure execution of sound safety programs to achieve zero injuries for ASB distillery. Lead the creation of a safety culture to ensure employees think safety first and watch out for the safety of their teammates; execute and evaluate policies and programs to enhance the safety of all employees; support and actively participate on the ASB safety committee; promote quick identification and remedy of safety hazards.
- Direct withdrawal and entry of whiskey for ASB produced products. Optimize the use of aging warehouse space while balancing quality and efficiency. Develop a consistent and proven strategy through use of the warehouse management system. Plan capacity for ASB distillery and barrel aging warehouses to meet the barrel model forecast. Drive development of systems and processes that measure and deliver value to exceed our customer's expectations.
- Lead process improvements to deliver manufacturing cost savings thereby remaining a low-cost provider and provide consistency with prescribed quality, accuracy, and performance standards. Lead annual CAPEX Program for ASB ops. Ensure projects are submitted, prioritized, executed on time & within budget. Lead development of annual operating plan & ensure cost effectiveness by avoiding write-offs, controlling transportation costs, minimizing inventories, applying spending controls/discipline. Ensure NPDs meet quality & timelines. Ensure adherence to Personal Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Environmental Policies and Practices.
- Direct operations at A. Smith Bowman Distillery. Continuously improve quality, innovation and continuity of processes. Promote and represent the distillery to support the marketing effort to establish the distillery as a highly recognized and respected producer of award winning spirits. Utilize innovation to improve consistency and efficiency. Develop strategic plan to increase annual visitor count through advertising, PR, and promotional events. Engage and maintain relationships with tourism related agencies. Build Homeplace traffic to agreed annual targets.
- Working with Brand Managers and through the use of creativity, develop and create new whiskeys that meet or exceed demands of our customers and consumers, and meet established timelines.
- Conduct PDS reviews with direct reports to improve skills and improve performance. Lead managers to develop people. Create and maintain a personal development plan to improve a skill/competency that will develop personal skills and improve performance. Build a customer service culture within ASB to deliver world-class customer service.
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Food Science, or related scientific field
- Minimum 10 years manufacturing experience in CPG or process industry
- Minimum 5 year record of successful leadership
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Good physical health. For example; capable of working on your feet, sitting, climbing stairs and ladders, bending, kneeling, and squatting.
- Experience in Alcohol Beverage Industry
- Familiarity with P&L management