Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac! With almost 400 years of rich history, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton's, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram's V.O., Myers's, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We're proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the "Best Places to Work in Kentucky" four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of "world's most award-winning distillery" through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry. Job Description/Responsibilities
The Demand Planner - Allocations & Global is responsible for pro-actively ensuring the successful execution of allocated item quantities for domestic and global markets. The position is also responsible for demand planning and forecasting activities for all items related to global markets. The Demand Planner - Allocations & Global will work closely with our global partners, distributors, brand team, and sales to create an accurate demand signal for production planning.
- Develop reliable forecast information for assigned items to be used in annual standard cost process and strategic planning exercises. Drive optimal inventory stock position through accurate forecasting. Ensure allocated products are shipped only to approved markets. Develop accurate forecasts in the Atlas planning tool for all assigned finished good items (i.e. formally allocated & all global items) to drive production, inventory, and capacity decisions that support Sazerac marketing and sales initiatives. Conduct analysis of sales forecasts together with marketing and finance.
- Create monthly customer allocations for allocated items and report/track against. Protect aged inventory (prevent over shipments) and maximize profitability by ensuring total allocated quantities are shipped (prevent under shipments). Monitor shipments of all brands in the barrel model against the sales forecast. Maintain clear and accurate allocation records, support brand and sales team changes, and maintain a regular reporting cadence. Communicate out of stocks due to allocation in a clear, concise, and professional manner. Support bi-annual barrel model planning process.
- Support exceptional customer service by maintaining accurate allocation records and communicating any of out of stocks due to allocation in a clear, concise and professional manner. Present the forecast and impacts it may have on operations to various levels of the organization.
- Track allocations for NBD items as requested by brand managers. Ensure allocations are not exceeded, and markets that do not ship to forecast are communicated regularly the brand team and sales. Gather, support, and challenge forecasts for NBD from sales and marketing and incorporate in the monthly forecast cycle.
- Develop a PDS plan with clear tangible signs and measurement tools in place to assess personal progress. Make regular skill development updates in the system to document learning and development.
- Engage in career development discussions with manager to communicate career aspirations and identify skill development needs to achieve career goals.
- Continually improve the forecasting process to reduce forecast error by integrating business intelligence from sales & marketing. Leverage and help move the Atlas Planning Tools forward in support of a best in class Demand Planning team. Prepare for and participate in relevant Sales and Operations Planning Process. Identify, streamline and document allocation processes with focus on reducing frustration and improving the quality of our work life. Lead efforts with IT team to develop, maintain and implement tools to automate allocation processes, develop synergies across departments and provide greater visibility to allocation information.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Undergraduate Degree
- Working knowledge of MS Office Products (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Ability to communicate with all levels of an org
- 3 years relevant experience
- Experience with System 21 ERP software
- Requires Experience in manufacturing software (ERP, MRP, MPS, WMS)
- Requires Experience in the alcoholic beverage industry