Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac! With almost 400 years of rich history, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton's, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram's V.O., Myers's, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We're proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the "Best Places to Work in Kentucky" four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of "world's most award-winning distillery" through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry. Job Description/Responsibilities
The Consumer Affairs Manager ensures our consumers receive consistent and timely support across communication channels, building positive relationships while protecting and nurturing our brands. Ensure all consumer inquires are addressed timely and tracks outstanding issues; performs analysis and detailed monthly reports; alerts key team members of complaint escalations or trends that need immediate attention; partners with cross-functional teams to establish and improve processes.
- Develop a prioritized PDS plan with clear tangible signs and measurement tools in place to assess personal progress and that of direct reports. Make regular skill development updates in the system to document learning and development. Provide regular feedback for direct reports in the system.
- Train and coach the CA team to make every consumer contact a new, influential, raving fan of our products. Secure information on interested consumers that may be used to communicate via grass roots efforts in the future.
- Quickly identify areas of coaching needed for the Consumer Affairs team and address those in a timely manner. Keep Consumer Affairs team well informed and trained in customer service skills. Coordinate retrieval of defective product with distribution center; ensure product is forwarded to the lab for analysis and coordinate check refund with accounting and get delivered to consumer within two weeks of the complaint. Work with brand managers on appropriate brands, follow up with consumers with lab analysis.
- Monitor consumer inquiries and make recommendations on proper staffing levels and candidate selection to ensure the best possible experience for consumers.
- Analyze consumer data, complete, and distribute routine monthly and quarterly reports. Partner with cross-functional teams to ensure actions are being taken to address top concerns. Assist brand teams with brand-specific reports. Participate in special projects and tasks as required.
- See to it that all Consumer Affairs inquiries are getting addressed in the standard two business day period and that each situation is resolved to the best of the team's ability to create "raving fans" of Sazerac products.
- Proactively identify and implement process and system enhancements needed for the continued improvement of the Consumer Affairs function.
- Ensure CA team is providing exceptional customer service within two business days of initial contact and providing friendly, detailed responses, and documenting these inquiries in the SIDNI database. Work with manager and IT team on developing and maintaining database of standard consumer responses to commonly asked questions.
- Ensure CA Team has a working knowledge of Public Relations efforts and press releases in order to address consumer inquiries and crisis events. Keep PR Manager informed of any questions/comments related to Sazerac news from consumers that is out of the ordinary.
- Develop strong working knowledge of Sazerac websites and use to guide or invite consumers to learn more about us. Also, provide feedback to PR Manager on any consumer comments regarding website information or navigation.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of an org
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours (nights/weekends)
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new systems / processes
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office Products (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5 years experience in Customer Service or Consumer Affairs.
- 2 years Supervisory experience
- Master's degree
- Record of successful leadership