Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac! With almost 400 years of rich history, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton's, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram's V.O., Myers's, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We're proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the "Best Places to Work in Kentucky" four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of "world's most award-winning distillery" through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry. Job Description/Responsibilities
The Commercial Operations Specialist is responsible for being the central point for internal/external customers for all commercial related activities (i.e. - item transitions, NBD, pricing, depletions, customer service). Primary responsibilities include: maintaining customer master and contact list, managing buy list/pricing, addressing suspended orders, invoicing, and providing change notifications to wholesalers.
- The Commercial Operations group is essential to the daily processing of order entry, shipping, and invoicing. This role will be an integral piece of the day-to-day operations, performing tasks which allow orders to be successfully entered, assure all requirement are meet before shipment, invoice wholesalers, and address any discrepancies or issues after delivery.
- Identify process or system enhancements to improve efficiency in the sample order entry/military invoicing/pricing area. Work to eliminate inefficiencies in the price support processes. Develop process to improve integration of NBD and acquisitions internally and externally.
- This position handles transactions that involve large volumes of product. Pricing transactions for 2016 exceeded 250,000 price changes. These price changes and the associated communication is critical to Sazerac's Fiscal Year Growth. Additionally, this position is responsible for recommending and executing process changes that will position Sazerac for future success with these critical customers. Ensure that all orders are accurate to prevent costs of misshipment. Ensure accuracy of all military invoicing entry into the military system.
- This role will be heavily involved with the wholesalers, and should be capable and ready to provide answers for any type of customer request. It is expected that all customer requests are answered within 48hrs, and a proactive approach is taken to reduce the number of issue that arise. Will also be generate a customer satisfaction survey and lead the implementation of reasonable request with other departments
- This position will be involved with NBD to setup buy lists and pricing, confirm forecasts have been provided, and work with sales and marketing to assure all NBD is shipped at the right time, from the right place, at the right price. Will also provide necesary communication to wholesalers for packaging, spec, or shipping location changes.
- This position constantly communicates with distributors, sales and commercial analysts to ensure that the price the customer requires on their shelf is executed through the appropriate systems. This position must be able to handle high volumes of communications and communicate directly with customers key personnel on a daily basis. Also responsible for researching, correcting problems and clearing orders on the daily suspended orders report. Communicate unsolved issues to manager.
- This position, as with any at Sazerac, is responsible for continually developing their skills. Working with their Commercial Operations Lead they are responsible for identifying and developing areas that make them and Sazerac the best supplier in the distilled Spirits industry.
- It is everyone's role to continue to develop and to determine where and how they can help the company and themselves achieve their future goals. This position is expected to participate fully in the Career Development process to prepare themselves to support their growth and improvement.
- The company values and our strategic plan are the cornerstone of our culture at Sazerac. This position is expected to understand and live by the company values. Further it is this positions responsibility to find ways to develop the culture of Sazerac based on these values and the company strategic plan.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Bachelor Degree in Business or commensurate experience
- Demonstrate the ability to work as a team as well as self-directed
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proven strong analytical and technical skills
- Strong computer skills and high comfort using technology and systems
- Willingness to travel
- Working knowledge of MS Office Products (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Experience with System 21 ERP software
- Requires Price structure development and maintenance experience
- Requires Pricing Experience
- Requires Vistaar Experience
- Requires Wine and spirits industry experience
- 3 years relevant experience in Customer Service