Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac! With almost 400 years of rich history, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton's, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram's V.O., Myers's, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We're proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the "Best Places to Work in Kentucky" four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of "world's most award-winning distillery" through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry. Job Description/Responsibilities
Having a strong entrepreneurial mindset , the Buffalo Trace Distillery National Brand Ambassador
will work alongside the brand team to develop and spread the messaging of Buffalo Trace Distillery and forge lifetime relationships between consumers, trade, influencers, luxury spirit connoisseurs, High Net Worth Individuals, and the Buffalo Trace Distillery.
This position will focus in the on-premise channel, driving awareness at national events and creating localized training, education, and advocacy programs for all Buffalo Trace Distillery products in our core metropolitan markets.
This is a national position with an ideal base location in one of the followng major metropolitan areas: New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle.
Additional responsibilities for the Buffalo Trace Distillery National Brand Ambassador
Qualifications/Requirements Required Qualifications:
- Responsible for driving consumer/trade adoption and desire by planning and executing the national experiential brand plan of events, leveraging impactful storytelling, education and cocktail development
- Increase and elevate the awareness of the World's Most Award Winning Distillery by developing and executing disruptive and influential programs, attending national trade events, cultivating and engaging a network of trade, consumer, High Net Worth Individuals and influencers
- Work alongside brand and sales teams to execute educational events, seminars, and trainings with wholesalers and strategic retail partners
- Assist in developing bold, disruptive and engaging booths, displays and assets to draw in consumers at national trade events
- Develop a unique and immersive script for consumer whiskey dinners, providing our sales team with a competitive advantage when selling Buffalo Trace
- Develop and manage a promotional budget encapsulating trade event participation fees, influencer and PR events, annual educational program, trade marketing tools and T&E
- Spearhead industry leading education seminars and master classes, including developing cocktail suggestions and food pairings/techniques
- Develop and manage a calendar of national events for Buffalo Trace Distillery to participate in, including creating and managing a national cocktail competition
- Participate in on-premise blitzes alongside our sales teams and leverage network to secure menu placements and visibility in influential accounts
- Develop a compliant and efficient annual educational program at Buffalo Trace Distillery, providing a behind the scenes experience for key on-premise influencers
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent; Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Theater or related field strongly preferred
- Minimum 5 years of in the Alcohol Beverage industry, specifically on-premise
- Minimum 3 years of experience in event planning/management
- Minimum 2 years of experience managing VIP guests and experience
- Strong presentation and storytelling skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- A valid driver's license
- Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours (nights/weekends)
- Willingness to travel up to 75%
- Experience in on-premise chain sales and/or marketing experience