Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac! With almost 400 years of rich history, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton's, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram's V.O., Myers's, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We're proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the "Best Places to Work in Kentucky" four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of "world's most award-winning distillery" through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry. Job Description/Responsibilities
The Marketing Manager for Brand Families manages value brands and brand families and supports the Senior Marketing Director - Vodka, Rum & Ready-To-Drink Cocktails. You'll participate in the growth of the portfolio, brand strategies and marketing plans, and the execution of new brand development. You'll work closely with the Sales team on pricing strategy and implementation across brands to achieve success. On a high level, here's more information about joining the brand families team and what you'll be doing:
What will you be excited about in this role?
- Do you have trade marketing experience ? This role is trade marketing oriented: pricing, promotions, analytics, and an overall good partner with the sales teams.
- You'll develop annual budgets, create marketing plans, implement pricing strategy and ensure plan is executed.
- Develop brands, develop, and implement annual marketing plans to ensure financial success and achievement of category and brand goals.
- Manage agency creative work on packaging, marketing materials, sales materials, public relations, and media for all assigned new business development and brand projects. Manage trademark communications and monitoring for assigned brands.
- Work special projects, new initiatives, and brand development as part of category development.
- Develop and implement plans and KPI's for new items to build profitable brands and brand families. Coordinate with the Sales Team to achieve goals for new items.
- Be involved with formula development and you'll be tasting spirits.
- Be enthusiastic and involved with learning experiences for self and to develop professionally.
- Use internal and external resources: Cognos, KPI's, RAD, VIP, and IRI to measure and analyze progress against brand state priorities and achieve objectives.
- Own your portfolio and projects - including P&L.
- The role is challenging, and the brands are fun!
- Are you creative? You'll be able to apply your creativity here at Sazerac
- Love to solve problems? This is the place to be.
- You'll be able to make an impact!
- Minimum education: Bachelor's Degree is required
- 5+ years of experience preferably in consumer goods (CPG), fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) or the spirits industry
- 3+ years of experience with budgeting, planning and/or financial analysis
- Proven strong analytical and technical skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Willingness to travel
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills with computer applications and resources (ERP systems, COGNOS, VIP), the internet, and programs such as Excel and PowerPoint.
- This role is in Louisville, KY
- Master's of Business Administration Degree (MBA)
- National Accounts Experience (on and off premise)
- 2+ years of Pricing Experience
- 2+ years of Supply Chain Experience
- 2+ years of Experience in New Business Development
- 2+ years of experience in the Wine and spirits industry
- 2+ years of brand management experience