Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac! With almost 400 years of rich history, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton's, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram's V.O., Myers's, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We're proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the "Best Places to Work in Kentucky" four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of "world's most award-winning distillery" through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry. Job Description/Responsibilities
The Marketing Director-Cognac, Brandy, Sazerac Rye is responsible for brand building while achieving long term and annual brand contribution targets in the portfolio. Specifically, responsible for all marketing planning and spending, BCSP management, new business development and coordination of all activities with respective functions including Sales, Trade Marketing, Biz Intelligence, Operations, Procurement, Finance, Quality, Compliance, Customer Service, IT. This role can be remote, preferably within 5 hours of Louisville, KY.
- Lead the annual global budget planning, the development of global marketing plans, the implementation of global pricing strategy and ensure marketing plans achieve sales and financial goals.
- Lead the building of the portfolio into a growing and profitable global consumer business consistent with the company's overall strategy.
- Prioritize time and resources against those brand/country/state priorities most critical to achieving current and long- term brand contribution objectives. Work closely with Sales team to ensure that brand/country/state prioritizations are aligned to and the brands are performing on profit, volume and KPI metrics.
- Lead the strategic brand planning work. Lead brand team meeting preparation and presentation. Lead the planning and execution of strategic plans and ensure that the brands perform in a manner consistent with the company's overall strategy.
- Continually identify areas for continuous self-improvement in order to improve effectiveness in role and to achieve goals.
- Follow company protocol to concept, plan, develop, launch, and successfully execute new business development initiatives. Includes formula development, procurement, compliance, forecasting, costing, pricing, production planning, customer service, etc. areas.
- Direct advertising, promotion, media and other agencies to efficiently achieve brand plans and commercial objectives.
- Establish well organized priorities for yourself. As a leader, identify the appropriate team members needed for success. Define roles of team members and ensure their understanding of duties and expectations. Monitor team progress against their priorities.
- Develop and follow action plan to gain learning experiences needed for self and team members to grow and avail internal career development opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing or related field
- Excellent project management skills
- Willingness to travel
- Solid computer skills
- 5+ years of brand management experience in a consumer goods industry
- 5+ years of marketing experience with budgeting, planning and/or financial analysis experience.
- 3+ years of experience managing scale brands with full P & L
- Hires cannot live or work in the following states: AZ, CO, KS, MA, MN, NJ, NY, WI and must live and work in approved states.
- Demonstrated active learner with the ability to make independent observations, and "connect the dots".
- Ability to communicate with all levels of an org
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Master's degree Business Administration (MBA)
- National Accounts Experience (on and off premise)
- 10+ years of business experience
- 3+ years of Wine and spirits industry experience
- 3+ years Proven track record of formulating major strategic and operating sales and/or marketing decisions resulting in building, enriching, and managing fast moving consumer brands.
- 3+ years of experience with three tier distribution system
- 3+ years of Alcoholic Beverage Industry compliance experience
- 3+ years of experience in New Business Development
- 1+ years of experience managing an Advertising Agency
- 3+ years of Pricing Experience
- 1+ years of Supply Chain Experience
Sazerac and its affiliates engage in personnel decisions and administer our personnel policies without regard to race, religion or creed, color, sex or gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We affirm in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws.