Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including 1792, Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton's, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram's V.O., Myers's, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We're proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the "Best Places to Work in Kentucky" four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of "world's most award-winning distillery" through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. During COVID-19, Sazerac distilleries began producing hand sanitizer for some of the world's largest organizations in healthcare, government, military, retail, distribution, airline, pharma, and banking. Also, during this time, while many companies are wading through uncertainty, Sazerac is poised for acquisition and growth - recently acquiring 18 more brands, two companies and a distillery.
Since 1850, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! We attribute our success to a unique blend of our history, culture, brands, relationships, innovation, technology, and most importantly, our people. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry. Job Description/Responsibilities Are you a true Dragon Slayer ready to pledge your allegiance to the Dragon?
As a Brand Director for Fireball, you have big dragon slayer initiatives for the brand that Tastes Like Heaven, Burns Like Hell. Are you ready for the Dragon's Lair? You will be the fireball brand building expert while achieving long term and annual brand contribution targets. Here's a taste of the role: marketing planning and spending, new business development and coordination of all activities with respective functions including Sales, Trade Marketing, Biz Intelligence, Operations, Procurement, Finance, Quality, Compliance, Customer Service, IT.
To be the dragon slayer disrupter, you'll:
- Lead the annual global budget planning, the development of global marketing plans, the implementation of global pricing strategy and ensure marketing plans achieve sales and financial objectives.
- Lead the building of the Fireball brand into a growing and profitable global consumer business consistent with the company's overall strategy.
- Prioritize time and resources against those brand/country/state priorities most critical to achieving current and long term brand contribution objectives. Work closely with Sales team to ensure that brand/country/state prioritizations are aligned to and the brands are performing on profit, volume and KPI metrics.
- Lead the global strategic brand plan development. Lead brand team work, brand meetings, planning, and execution/activation of strategic plans. Work with sales team on activity plan execution in the market. Monitor and control volume and financial results.
- Utilize PDS system and available resources to identify areas for continuous self improvement in order to improve effectiveness in role and to achieve goals. Use PDS as tool with direct reports to conduct optimal performance discussions. Measure progress and provide written and oral feedback to enable individual development.
- Follow company protocol to concept, plan, develop, launch and successfully execute NBD initiatives. Includes formula development, procurement, compliance, forecasting, costing, pricing, production planning, customer service, etc. areas.
- Direct advertising, promotion, media and other agencies to efficiently achieve brand plans and commercial objectives.
- Establish well organized priorities for yourself. As a leader, identify the appropriate team members needed for success. Define roles of team members and ensure their understanding of duties and expectations. Monitor team progress against their priorities.
- Develop and follow action plan to gain learning experiences needed for self and team members to grow and avail internal career development opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of experience in brand management
- 5+ years of experience with full P&L responsibility and managing scale brands
- 5+ years of experience budgeting, planning, or financial analysis
- Advanced Project management skills
- Advanced computer and program application experience
- Ability to travel
- Demonstrated active learner with the ability to make independent observations, and "connect the dots".
- Ability to communicate with all levels of an org
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing or related field
- National Accounts Experience (on and off premise)
- 10+ years of business experience
- 5+ years of experience in Wine and spirits industry experience
- 3+ years of experience proven track record of formulating major strategic and operating sales and/or marketing decisions resulting in building, enriching, and managing fast moving consumer brands.
- 3+ years of experience with three tier distribution system
- 5+ years of experience in the Alcoholic Beverage Industry compliance experience
- 3+ years of experience in New Business Development
- 3+ years of experience managing an Advertising Agency
- 3+ years of Pricing Experience
- 2+ years of Supply Chain Experience