Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac! With almost 400 years of rich history, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton's, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram's V.O., Myers's, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We're proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the "Best Places to Work in Kentucky" four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of "world's most award-winning distillery" through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry. Company/Location Overview
Thank you for your interest in Northwest Ordinance Distilling, our first ever facility in the Hoosier state, and the newest facility in the Sazerac manufacturing network. Founded on the principles of servant leadership and continuous improvement our entire plant team works tirelessly to accomplish our vision:
Build the most efficient, flexible, and engaged plant and team in the Sazerac Manufacturing Network.
We are in search of talented individuals who have a strong desire to develop and hone technically sound manufacturing processes while seizing the opportunity to own their career and personal development. At Northwest Ordinance Distilling we believe our people are our greatest asset. Your drive and determination combined with our passion for people will ensure we win as a team. This facility will operate 24/7 and the work schedule for this position will consist of 12-hour shifts.
The Sazerac Company, established in 1850, is a leading North American spirits supplier, and owner of many of the industry's most venerable distilling companies - Buffalo Trace Distillery, Barton 1792 Distillery, The Glenmore Distillery, and A. Smith Bowman Distillery. In 2014, Sazerac was awarded one of the spirits industry's highest honors - Distiller of the Year by the International Wine & Spirits Competition. Job Description/Responsibilities
The Bottling Technician at Northwest Ordinance Distillery is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the bottle filler and capper, uncasing process and/or case packing operation.
Additional responsibilities for the Bottling Technician
include, but not limited to:
Qualifications/Requirements Required Qualifications:
- Performing assigned duties related to the bottling line: case feeding, quality inspection, case packing and labeling
- Ensure PM's check sheets, daily maintenance checklists and safety work orders are completed to stay compliant with HAACP, ISO, OSHA, TTB and all other environmental/safety regulations.
- Safely operate and service equipment, troubleshoot problems, changeover equipment, perform quality checks and maintenance tasks
- Understand and comply with safety requirements of work area and keep safety top of mind at all times during general operation, maintenance, changing parts and setup of equipment.
- Perform equipment changeover, preventative and reactive maintenance including inspection, lubrication and equipment set up daily
- Understand and adhere to all Standard Operating Procedures and best practices to ensure quality standards for bottling lines.
- Ensure adherence to all Personal Safety, Food Safety and Environmental Policies and Procedures
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience
- Ability to work on your feet, sit, climbing stairs and ladders, bending, kneeling and squatting.
- Good vision and manual dexterity
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Detail oriented and demonstrated ability to perform work with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to operate industrial equipment as required
- Ability to pick up and/or move objects up to 50 pounds without assistance
- Ability to work overtime if necessary
- Ability to work 12-hour shift
- Ability to move about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another
- In-person job attendance
- Verbally communicate with others to exchange information
- Ability to read and write
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work near moving mechanical parts
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Noise level at workstation is loud (metal can manufacture, large earth moving equipment)
- Ability to work in wet, humid conditions (non-weather)
- Ability to work with the risk of electrical shock
- Minimum 2 years' experience working in manufacturing or warehouse environment
- Apprenticeship program, technical school or Associate Degree