Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including 1792, Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton's, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram's V.O., Myers's, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We're proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the "Best Places to Work in Kentucky" four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of "world's most award-winning distillery" through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. During COVID-19, Sazerac distilleries began producing hand sanitizer for some of the world's largest organizations in healthcare, government, military, retail, distribution, airline, pharma, and banking. Also, during this time, while many companies are wading through uncertainty, Sazerac is poised for acquisition and growth - recently acquiring 18 more brands, two companies and a distillery.
Since 1850, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! We attribute our success to a unique blend of our history, culture, brands, relationships, innovation, technology, and most importantly, our people. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry. Job Description/Responsibilities Bio
: Responsible for the operation of the bottle filler, labeler, and/or case packer. The Bottling Technician will be required to safely operate the equipment, troubleshoot minor problems, assist with changeover of equipment, perform quality checks, and complete basic preventative maintenance tasks.
- Understand and comply with safety requirements of work area and keep safety top of mind at all times during general operation, maintenance, changing parts and setup of equipment; prevent co-workers from working unsafely. Report safety concerns, accidents and near misses immediately and submit safety work orders as needed.
- Understand and work with established standards to deliver the highest and most consistent levels of excellent customer service, by ensuring Bottling Department meets daily production goals while adhering to safety, quality, and regulatory guidelines. Reference resources (WI's and SOP's) uphold safety, quality, and food safety standards.
- Ensure adherence to all Personal Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Environmental Policies and Practices. Own the Standard Operating Procedure for the bottling line positions and perform in accordance with standards. Continuously seek ways to improve performance and improve quality driven actions that lead to the award winning results. Actively engage in keeping work area and facility maintained at the established standards. Ensure maximum customer satisfaction, by assuring quality finished product and internal customer service. Incorporate daily maintenance tasks such as inspection, lubrication, and equipment setup into daily routine.
- Continually seek ways to improve performance as measured by departmental Key Performance Indicators. Understand and adhere to all SOPs and best practices to ensure maximum quality standards for bottling lines and customer service. Optimize available resources to continuously improve quality inspections, labeling and general machine operation. Effectively communicate interdepartmentally; Meet financial objectives by controlling cost and waste without sacrificing quality of products.
- Perform assigned duties of bottling technician including all tasks related to the bottling line which includes but not limited to; filling, quality inspection, case packing and labeling. Perform all tasks in a responsible manner and in compliance with Company policies and procedures as well as applicable regulatory requirements. Fully and accurately complete all applicable documentation, including full record keeping of all inspections conducted.
- Model behavior around the Sazerac Ideal Team Member Profile. Develop and maintain solid professional working relationships inside and outside the company. Set a positive example and act in a manner consistent with company values. Ensure employees are treated fairly and with respect. Creates a team environment where all employees are encouraged to make a difference in meeting and exceeding customer expectations. Participate in efforts to address issues identified through culture surveys and make the Company "one of the industry's most desired places to be."
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- 2 years relevant experience in manufacturing or warehouse environment
- Ability to learn to operate multiple pieces of equipment
- Ability to pick up and/or move objects up to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Good physical health. For example; capable of working on your feet, sitting, climbing stairs and ladders, bending, kneeling, and squatting.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Good vision and manual dexterity.
- Ability to operate Industrial equipment as required.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Detail oriented and demonstrated ability to perform work with high degree of accuracy
- Demonstrate the ability to work as a team as well as self-directed
- Ability to communicate with all levels of an org