Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac! With almost 400 years of rich history, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton's, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram's V.O., Myers's, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We're proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the "Best Places to Work in Kentucky" four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of "world's most award-winning distillery" through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry. Job Description/Responsibilities
Are you ready to lead the production team in making the best spirits products?
The 3rd shift (midnight, Monday-Friday) Processing and Bottling Supervisor at the Buffalo Trace Distillery in Frankfort, KY is responsible for coordinating and supervising the Hand Bottling and Processing operations with 30-50 union employees in accomplishing the production needs within safety, quality, budgetary and regulatory guidelines, and meeting assigned KPI goals. Responsible for coordinating the bulk processing management for Hand Bottling and Main Bottling Halls to supply the bulk liquid requirements on time and meeting quality specifications.
As the 3rd shift processing and bottling supervisor, you'll:
- Supervise a team of processors to supply the bulk liquid requirements on-time and meeting quality specifications.
- Work safely and enforces all OSHA and Company safety regulations and policies. Provides leadership to the safety program for the Hand Bottling and Processing department through development and execution of safe practices and operating procedures to minimize the occurrence and severity of workplace accidents. Assists in the investigation of EH&S incidents to determine and address root cause.
- Supervise the Processing operations with 5 - 10 hourly employees to meet the assigned KPI's including gallons / labor hour, batches meeting all quality standards, quality rejects / hold, Liquid losses, Maintenance work orders, costs, etc. Develop and documents standards (SOP's) and procedures for all areas of processing and train employees on same.
- Ensure adherence to Personal Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Environmental Policies and Practices. Analyzes and resolves problems relating to product quality in a timely manner to avoid loss of product and incorrect product being bottled. Supervise the batching and filtering work of the Processing employees to ensure product accuracy and quality.
- Meets and exceeds customer expectations through supervision of Hand Bottling and Processing employees to deliver product on time within budget and to meet quality specifications. Troubleshoots operating problems, evaluates the situation and coordinates resolution.
- Ensures Hand Bottling and Processing efficiency within cost standards. Tracks efficiencies, quality and production data to improve yields and throughput without sacrificing quality. Works with Hand Bottling & Processing Manager to analyze and resolve issues related to efficiency, processes, material, loss and waste.
- Provides leadership to Hand Bottling and Processing employees in a manner consistent with the culture of the company. Ensures employees are treated fairly and with respect. Creates a team environment where all employees are encouraged to make a difference in meeting and exceeding customer expectations. Participates in efforts to address issues identified through climate surveys and make the Company a Best Place to Work.
- Conduct PDS reviews with direct reports to improve skills and performance. Train, evaluate and develop the Processing and Hand Bottling personnel. Create and develop a personal development plan with the Operations Team Manager - Blanton/ Processing.
- Ensures Processing and Hand Bottling operations meet regulatory requirements including OSHA, EPA and TTB regulations. Takes immediate corrective action when needed to stay in compliance.
- Understands career goals of employees and works with them to develop skills that will help them reach their career goals. Creates and executes a personal Career Develop Plan with manager with identified career goals and skill development needed to achieve the goals.
- Through personal example and direct management, create an environment that supports self-directed work teams and productive employee relations while maintaining compliance with Collective Bargaining Agreements.
- Provide support in developing new products with timelines and costs. Assist in evaluating equipment capabilities and capital expenditure requirements. Work with the Department Manager to implement new initiatives including packaging and formulation changes.
- Execute production of new products and ensure production and quality of finished goods.
- Coordinates the Personalized Barrel Program operation in the Weller Bottling Hall. Ensure all customer barrel orders are completed with the highest quality for on-time delivery.
- Utilize the priority system to enable me to focus on a few key priorities that will grow the company faster.
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree
- 2+ years of processing experience in a fast paced environment
- Ability to communicate with all levels of an organization
- Strong analytical and technical skills, and problem solver
- Intermediate to advanced skills with computers and applications such as MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook)
- Experience in manufacturing software (ERP, MRP, MPS, WMS)
- Alcohol Beverage Industry experience
- Experience managing in a union environment
- Ability to pick up and/or move objects up to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Ability to work overtime if necessary
- Ability to work 8 hour shift
- In-person job attendance
- Ability to analyze
- Ability to memorize
- Verbally communicate with others to exchange information
- Ability to supervise colleagues
- Ability to read and write
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work near moving mechanical parts
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Noise level at work station is loud (metal can manufacturing, large earth moving equipment)
- Ability to work in wet, humid conditions (non-weather)