Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac! With almost 400 years of rich history, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton's, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram's V.O., Myers's, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We're proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the "Best Places to Work in Kentucky" four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of "world's most award-winning distillery" through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry. Job Description/Responsibilities Bio
: This position will be responsible for leading assigned employees to achieve daily line targets such as safety, quality, and productivity. This position will be required to utilize problem solving tools to support the lines zero loss objective. Examples of tasks to be completed daily; 5 minute startup meeting, Tier I Board, ensure all paperwork is completed, (Start-up checklist, Label Verification), and ensure assigned line is properly set up (labels, bottles, and caps).The hours for this position are 6pm-6am. Pay approximately $26.79 based on years of experience.
- Communicate productions plan for the shift to team members and develop actions as needed to complete the plan on time. Deliver the highest and most consistent levels of internal customer service. Fix any and all issues that arise, and complete before the order is sent to the shipping department.
- Leads by example to prevent co-workers from working unsafely. Understand and comply with all plant and bottling safety requirements and keep safety top of mind at all times during general operation, maintenance, changing parts and setup of equipment. Report safety concerns, accidents and near misses immediately and submit safety work orders as needed. Be an active participant in plant BOS and in facility wide safety inspections/ accident investigations. Keep workplace clean and free of debris at all times. The Bottling Line lead is responsible for covering safety requirements daily with temporary employees assigned to their line.
- Ensures all bottling operations meet regulatory requirements including OSHA, EPA and TTB regulations. Takes immediate corrective action when needed to stay in compliance; performs job in a responsible manner and in compliance with Company procedures and applicable rules and regulations.
- Use tier 1 process for assigned line to determine continuous improvement opportunities. Use PDCA methodology to determine root cause and create actions to eliminate defects to achieve zero loss; utilize tools such as 5 whys, pareto tools, fishbone, and work process analysis. Work with team members to update SOPs/work instructions and help train others on new processes/procedures. Actively participate on teams with supervisors to support projects related to their KPI action plans.
- Develops a personal development plan with supervisor to improve skill/competency that will develop personal skills and improve performance. Improves at least one skill each year as agreed with supervisor and delivers on performance against outcomes. Support supervisor in PDS plans for other employees by providing performance feedback.
- Develop the skills needed to attain the desired career path within the organization. Bottling Leads are responsible for identifying their own career goals and communicating goals to their supervisor. Help with the identification of other individuals who have potential to advance.
- Develop and maintain solid professional working relationships. Set a positive example and act in a manner consistent with company values. Actively participate in making the company a great place to work. Strive to be an ideal Sazerac Team Member and serve as a role model for the Sazerac culture. Take an active role in communicating and living by the values that define the Sazerac culture.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of an org
- Ability to pick up and/or move objects up to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Good physical health. For example; capable of working on your feet, sitting, climbing stairs and ladders, bending, kneeling, and squatting.
- Good vision and manual dexterity.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Demonstrate the ability to work as a team as well as self-directed
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work quickly and effectively in demanding situations
- Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours (nights/weekends)
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- 2 years relevant experience (minimum)
- Ability to operate Industrial equipment as required.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Associates degree in a business related field