Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac! With almost 400 years of rich history, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton's, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram's V.O., Myers's, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We're proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the "Best Places to Work in Kentucky" four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of "world's most award-winning distillery" through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry. Job Description/Responsibilities
The Bond and Royal Portfolio Manager
is responsible for managing and growing the Bond & Royal portfolio of brands, which consists of 25 focus spirits and 80 brands in total, all of which are premium, heritage-based craft spirit brands. The portfolio range is compelling and diversified, spanning every category that a premier mixology bar would include in their program, including but not limited to: Tequila, Mezcal, Rum, Cordials, Bitters, American Whiskey, Scotch Whiskey, Brandy, and Gin.
As Portfolio Manager, you will be the lead Sazerac employee for the on-premise channel in your region with a focus on building and managing influential account relationships, driving quality distribution, securing menu placements, and leading education at the wholesale, retail, and consumer level. The results of your efforts will ensure that your territory is on target to achieve the long term strategic and commercial goals of the organization, having paved the way for the next Sazerac runaway brands. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Participate in quarterly business reviews with distributor management to ensure achievement of company sales objectives in line with our fiscal calendar.
- Closely monitor inventory, sales and program execution
- Participate in monthly ride-alongs to build your network within the wholesaler and ensure sales representatives are properly educated on our brands and mission.
- Present sales programs at General Sales Meetings
- Expected to be in the field visiting and supporting accounts on a daily basis, achieving a monthly quota for account visits set by your general manager.
- Achieve assigned KPIs including distribution, menu placements, and volume initiatives.
- Greatly increase the Bond & Royal brands' presence in your assigned Lighthouse accounts.
- Drive sales, visibility, and provide appropriate support within your broader-reaching Direct Touch account universe.
- Spearhead industry leading educational seminars for the on-premise influencers in your market.
- Deliver category and brand specific trainings to our wholesale partners to multiply our efforts in the marketplace by instilling proper sales techniques.
- Provide cocktail suggestions and techniques, wait staff trainings, and drink pairing ideas.
- Develop and manage promotional budget to capitalize on local opportunities, and ensure your dollars are tracked and managed effectively.
- Manage own T&E and promotional budget
Qualifications/Requirements Required Qualifications:
- Assist in creation of national trade marketing programs.
- Involved in the pressure-testing phase of New Product Development to ensure that our new to world brands are properly positioned with the premium, craft centric consumer.
- Evaluate and document the promotional activities of the competition in your marketplace and report on brands and concepts that are trending locally.
- Identify spirit categories and brands that are trending in their early stages, with a focus on filling gaps that exist in the Sazerac, 375 Park Avenue Spirits, and Bond & Royal portfolios.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 21+ years old
- Minimum 3 years of experience in alcohol beverage industry
- Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours (nights/weekends)
- Valid Driver's License
- Working knowledge of the dynamics of the three-tier beverage alcohol distribution system.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Candidate must reside in or near the territory
- Must be able to personally pay or charge ordinary and necessary business expenses that will be timely reimbursed
- Must be able to obtain relevant solicitors permit in any state
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing or related field
- Cocktail (Mixology) Bartending Experience
- Previous Wholesaler or Supplier experience
- Familiar with luxury consumer brands and marketing
- Certified Spirits Specialist, or comparative degree