Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac! With almost 400 years of rich history, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton's, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram's V.O., Myers's, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We're proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the "Best Places to Work in Kentucky" four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of "world's most award-winning distillery" through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry. Job Description/Responsibilities
Responsible for supporting assigned categories/brands in the execution of brand strategies, activation plans/budgets, NBD initiatives and projects. Works cross-functionally with Sales, Trade marketing, Business Intelligence, DCOE, Operations, Finance, Compliance, agencies, trade partners and suppliers where applicable to achieve business objectives.
- Utilize PDS system and available resources to identify areas for continuous self-improvement. Regularly dedicate time to growing the skills outlined in the Development Plan.
- For assigned categories/brands, support execution of strategic plan, annual marketing plan, activation and budget to reach sales and profit objectives.
- Support efforts cross functionally to build assigned categories/brands into a growing and profitable consumer business consistent with the company's overall goals. Support progress against annual program plan, volume and profit objectives/KPIs and execute projects on time and within budget. Support supplier relations and communication.
- Support the concepting, development and execution of NBD opportunities that drive growth for assigned categories/brands. Navigate NBD projects through internal cross-functional teams and processes leading to on-time & on budget delivery.
- Support the management of agency efforts in delivering effective & efficient creative solutions, packaging, marketing materials, promotion, public relations and media for assigned categories/brands, NBD, projects and programs.
- Prioritize time & resources on assigned categories/brands BCSPs most critical to achieving objectives. Use data tools and other resources to measure and analyze progress. Support the team in creating action plans to address gaps.
- Establish well organized priorities for yourself. Ensure project team members understand their roles, updates are posted, and priorities are successfully completed. Facilitate & ensure progress and use the PPT system to inform as appropriate.
- For assigned categories/brands, support the development of strategic brand planning work, new initiative plans and special projects.
- Develop and follow action plan to gain the skills, learning experiences & results needed to meet career goals. Use CDS system to guide and record progress.
- Undergraduate Degree
- 2 years relevant experience (minimum)
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Willingness to travel
- Strong computer skills and high comfort using technology and systems
- Demonstrated active learner with the ability to make independent observations
- Comfortable with change in a fast moving environment,
- Ability to communicate with all levels of an org
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Marketing or Communications
- Minimum 1 year Wine and spirits industry experience
- Minimum 1 year Experience in New Business Development
- Minimum 1 year Budgeting, planning and/or financial analysis experience.
- Minimum 1 year experience managing an Advertising Agency