Sazerac Company Overview
375 Park Avenue Spirits was founded in 1981 as Luctor International, LLC and in early 2015, became an independent subsidiary and fully integrated sales & marketing company inside the Sazerac Company specializing in superior brands from around the world that drive innovation within their category. The 375 Park Avenue Spirits portfolio of over 30 brands, spans all segments of the spirits industry with an emphasis on the premium & luxury categories. In association with our strategic global partners, we are proud to represent some of the finest and most iconic brands in the industry hailing from some of the greatest spirits nations in the world. Great brands like Van Gogh Vodka
from Holland, Cutty Sark
Blended Scotch Whisky & the Glen Moray
Single Malts, from Scotland, Sobieski Vodka
from Poland, Tequila Tromba
from Mexico, Marie Brizard Liqueurs
from France, JP Wiser's
Canadian Whiskey, Becherovka Liqueur
from The Czech Republic, Scapegrace Gin
from New Zealand, Novo Fogo Cachaca
from Brazil, Dictador Rum
from Colombia, Ming River Baijiu
from China, Paul John Indian Whisky,
and Yeni Raki
and Tekirdag Rakisi
from Turkey. In addition, we now represent a robust portfolio of US based premium, craft and specialty Whiskeys such as the Journeyman
portfolio from Michigan, Misunderstood Ginger Spiced Whiskey
from Kentucky & Devil's River Whiskey
from Texas. Job Description/Responsibilities
The Associate Marketing Manager
will play a vital role in the team as the connector between strategic planning and in-market execution. You'll participate in the growth of the Chivas Brothers portfolio, developing and implementing brand strategies, marketing plans, and the execution of new brand development. You'll work closely with the Sales team to ensure buy in and the successful implementation of your plans (including pricing strategy and market activation across the portfolio), and the achievement of brand and business objectives.
This role will work exclusively on the Chivas Brothers International LTD. portfolio, inclusive of Ballantine's, Passport and Something Special Scotch Whiskies. Overall Responsibilities:
Marketing/Trade Development Responsibilities:
- Ownership and accountability for the success of your portfolio in the US.
- Work directly with global brand teams in the UK to develop world class plans and implement these locally. Ensure all US programming adheres to global brand guidelines.
- Oversee budget related to local marketing, media, sales initiatives and brand planning .
- Ensure brand pricing and gross profit is aligned to strategy.
- Lead Supplier Planning Initiatives, including supplier meetings, programming communication, and business review/planning meeting with Chivas Brothers leadership
Sales Team Interactions:
- A trade marketing-oriented role: pricing, promotions, analytics, and an overall good partner with the sales teams.
- Localize global Ballantine's marketing programs for use in the field, present & develop new program ideas, and efficiencies, and obtain senior leadership buy-in.
- Manage agency creative work on marketing materials, sales materials, public relations, and media for all assigned brand projects & launches.
- Contribute to, or lead special projects, new initiatives, and brand development as part of category development.
- Ensure the development of playbooks and POS buys are in-line with Sazerac calendar and processes
- Ensure activation playbooks, priority calendars and selling tools are catered to relevant channels & subchannels allowing for effective localization
- Develop and implement plans and KPI's for in market activations. Coordinate with the Sales Team to achieve goals for new items.
- Deliver/Present marketing brand plans to the Sazerac sales force
- Drive strong collaboration and relationships with Sales teams, ensuring upfront alignment and integration of feedback and needs early in the process, through regular communication and also direct in-market field observation
Skills to bring:
- Evaluate sales, promotions, new-product launches, and marketing of brands
- Analyze competitors' activations, in collaboration with Sales teams across different Markets.
- Utilize various available analytic tools to identify local market intelligence and opportunities, consumer shifts/trends, channel dynamics, key account dynamics, etc.
- Ensure all program tracking is accurate, timely and aligns with regional and individual state reporting
Qualifications/Requirements Required Qualifications:
- Ability to work within a cross functional team of diverse stakeholders
- Be enthusiastic and involved with learning experiences for self and to develop professionally.
- The role requires a deep understanding of the U.S. On-Premise & Off-Premise universe and dynamics, as well as wide knowledge of Adult Beverage brand activations in that channel.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of Marketing or Trade Marketing experience preferably in consumer goods (CPG), fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) or the spirits industry
- 3+ years of experience with budgeting, planning and/or financial analysis
- Proven strong analytical and technical skills Excellent project management skills
- Strong partnering and influencing skills Willingness to travel
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills with computer applications (ERP systems, COGNOS, VIP), the internet, and programs such as Excel and PowerPoint.
- Master of Business Administration Degree (MBA)
- National Accounts Experience (on and off premise)
- 2+ years of Pricing Experience
- 2+ years of Supply Chain Experience
- 2+ years of Experience in New Business Development
- 2+ years of experience in the Wine and spirits industry
- 2+ years of brand management experience