Satellite Spirits Inc.View Full Profile
About The Position
Satellite was formed with the mission of offering world class, locally crafted premium spirits. It was founded by Jonathan Dorfman and Daniel Kennerson in 2018 and is located in Grass Valley, California. Using a unique finishing process, and the pristine waters of the Sierra, Jon and Dan have produced Southfork Vodka ™, an incredibly smooth and elegantly finished, gluten free, six-time distilled, hand crafted, premium spirit made from American corn.
In the short period since its creation in 2018, Southfork ™ has become one of California’s fastest growing, most recognized spirits, having won six national and international awards, including Best in Class and Double Gold at the 2018 Craft Distillers Spirits Competition in Sonoma County, California. It has been awarded 92 points by the Beverage Testing Institute, which described it as “A truly unique vodka,” “distinctive and highly drinkable.”
Although available in over 200 outlets, including Total Wine, Safeway, and Raleys, Satellite is expanding distribution of Southfork™ in the Sacramento area. It also intends on launching more spirit lines, including flavored vodka’s, a gin, and aged whiskey.
To further enhance brand distribution, development, and recognition, Satellite seeks the services of an enthusiastic and entrepreneurial minded sales professional for services in the Sacramento area. Employee responsibilities include:
- Product sales and marketing, brand maintenance, and growth through planning and execution of productive market visits, demonstrations, and presentations at prospective and established accounts.
- Building relationships in the trade generally from distributor to bartender to retailer with the primary objective of expanding distribution/volume of Satellite’s brands.
- Coordinating with management in successfully launching all new products, achieving volume and distributions goals.
- Organizing and formulating, an effectuate sales campaigns, focusing on key holidays periods, brand awareness, and sales technique.
- Proactively raising the visibility and demand for Satellite products by locating and participating in local upcoming events utilizing checklists of items ; entering upcoming events into shared google calendar; coordinating and managing newsletters, press releases, social media, blogs, video sites & technical consultants; providing support for promotional outreach programs to increase market base.
- Insure distribution of product to accounts
It is anticipated the employee will in support of such goals:
- Participate in overall sales strategy and goal planning for spirit sales.
- Prospect new business by determining focus areas within territory, setting up presentations, and utilizing stop-by techniques.
- Work with designated distributors to meet sales goals and objectives.
- Establishing relationships with on-premise and off-premise retail accounts.
- Communicate and works effectively with management on strategic direction of assigned territory.
- Maximize the POS exposure in each account.
- Set up and participate in-store promotions and special events.
- Maintain self-education on the spirits industry in general.
- Organize an efficient schedule including a daily route along with a monthly, quarterly and yearly plan.
- Prepare monthly paperwork on time in a neat, legible, and professional manner,
- Keep thorough and up to date notes on all existing and target accounts.
- Look at territory with entrepreneurial eyes to seek out new opportunities to increase sales and penetration.
- Plan and participate in regular distributor training activities including presenting at sales meetings, riding with other sales personnel, and distributing new sales material to sales staff.
- Passion for the spirits industry and excited to share in explosive growth of Satellite’s premium craft spirits
- 3+ years sales experience; preferably 1 year of spirits, wine, or beer sales experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strong communication and organizational skills with the ability to build and maintain customer relationships
- Excellent time management skills and ability to plan effective sales calls
- Ability to make effective presentations and communicate effectively
- Understanding of Microsoft Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Access to a vehicle for use for business purposes
- Reports To President of Satellite Spirits Inc.