About The Position
Samson & Surrey is a fast-growing spirits company looking for an experienced, entrepreneurial and driven Northern California Market Manager. Must live in the territory to be considered.
Samson & Surrey is a fast-growing spirits company looking for an experienced, entrepreneurial and driven Northern California Market Manager. This exciting, fast-paced position will promote and continue to grow a portfolio of hot brands in the craft spirits world.
With existing brand presence and rapid growth trends in the territory, the Northern California Market Manager will be responsible for continuing the growth through the day-to-day Distributor Management and execution of the market sales plan in both on-premise and off-premise accounts across throughout the territory.
- Bluecoat Gin
- Brenne Single Malt
- FEW Spirits
- Widow Jane
- Mezcal Vago
- Tequila Ocho
- Accountability for growth plan execution
- Achieve assigned distribution, sales, merchandising and profit goals
- Program, lead and direct territory distributors to achieve company’s sales objectives
- Identify and execute on market specific business development opportunities
- Increase company brands' presence in major national and state-wide targeted retail and on-premise accounts
- Work with distributor personnel and accounts in achieving and increasing their respective Sales and Distribution objectives
- Coordinate with Manager on programming with assigned distributor channels, brokers and sales managers
- Develop a key account list and develop personal relationships with Key buyers/owners/managers. Secure product distribution in the assigned account list.
- Closely monitor inventory, sales, chargebacks and program execution by the distributor
- Prepare functional sales reports to include distribution, displays, menu placements and overall distributor sales and goals.
- Monitor and work with manager on territory distributor charge backs.
- Conduct sales meetings both on and off premise and provide weekly activity reports to management
- Develop budget recommendation for market and work with Manager to track and ensure proper budget management
- Review shipping and depletion reports regularly and make proactive plans accordingly
- Monitor and report on pricing, current trends and opportunities within the territory.
- Create brand visibility through off-premise displays and on-premise menu features Execute consumer sampling in assigned accounts
This position requires the ability to create and maintain positive relationships with trade customers and distributor personnel.
- Must live in Northern California to be considered.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the spirits industry, with a minimum of 2 years of distributor programming and execution management
- Strong key account relationships
- Ability to work independently and to plan their own time and activities
- Must be highly organized, have attention to detail and good time management skills
- Comfort working on a high-performance, fast paced entrepreneurial team
- Willingness to work full-time, non-traditional hours and travel as required
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills to influence and partner with customers
- Business computer proficiency including Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Ability to conduct oneself in an ethical and professional manner at all times
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary is based on experience
- Bonus Plan
- 401K Plan
- Company provided medical
- Car Allowance