Rip Van Wafels
2012-01-01View Full Profile
About The Position
About Rip Van “Inspired to Improve”
Rip Van is a food innovation company. We exist to improve busy lives with better convenient products that are uniquely delicious, healthier and beautifully designed. We are committed to improving the nutrition, taste, and design of our products by launching product improvements in two-year cycles.
Our first product, Rip Van Wafels is available in 12,000 Starbucks locations nationwide and has become Silicon Valley’s #1 snack. The company has grown by +500% in the last three years, has made both the Inc & Forbes 30 under 30 lists, won numerous business awards and has been featured in publications such as, Techcrunch, Entrepreneur, Bon-a-Petit, and The New York Times.
About the Role
Successful candidates must have a strong work ethic, passion to be part of a rapidly growing food-tech company, and the drive to not only meet but exceed sales targets. The Strategic Sales Manager is responsible for achieving incremental sales growth and closing new business. This role is expected to maintain strong relationships with broker and distributor partners and customers to best execute plans that deliver objectives of: growth, profit, optimal product mix and pricing & promotions.
This role will consist of maintaining our current food service businesses (largely concentrated in the SF Bay Area), as well as actively seeking out and developing business opportunities. Working closely with our CEO, you will have the opportunity to accelerate your sales career. Tenacious, self-motivated and proactive individuals looking to grow as sales leaders in CPG are an ideal fit for this role.
- Achieve net sales targets delivering both incremental sales growth and building new accounts
- Manage broker relationship for foodservice business. Ensure broker accountability for HQ call and customer penetration, as well as effective trade budget and financial management.
- Responsible for sales forecast. Leverage tools and relationship with broker and customers to drive forecast accuracy. Liaison with Finance and Operation teams.
- Utilize analytics provided by internal teams (Customer Marketing and Sales) with the ability to prepare and present Customer presentations utilizing available data.
- Ability to build effective relationships with brokers, customers and internal partners.
- Conduct annual planning and ongoing business reviews with broker partners
- 4-5+ plus years of CPG selling experience required with snacks background preferred
- Experience in adapting to business needs of a rapid growth business
- Strong work ethic, professionalism and positive attitude
- Ability to work independently and plan all sales calls
- Result-driven with excellent judgment, interpersonal, verbal and written communication, analytical, and decision making skills
- Good business and financial acumen; proactive thinker
- Proven ability to gain commitment and build strategic work relationships
- Ability to travel weekly
- Fluent in Spanish (a plus)
Interviews start: ASAP
Job starts: ASAP
Pay: Competitive salary and equity compensation
Location: San Francisco, CA