Rip Van Wafels
2012-01-01View Full Profile
About The Position
About Rip Van “Inspired to Improve”
Rip Van is a food innovation company. We exist to improve busy lives with better convenient products that are uniquely delicious, healthier and beautifully designed. We are committed to improving the nutrition, taste, and design of our products by launching product improvements in two-year cycles.
Our first product, Rip Van Wafels is available in 12,000 Starbucks locations nationwide and has become Silicon Valley’s #1 snack. The company has grown by +500% in the last three years, has made both the Inc & Forbes 30 under 30 lists, won numerous business awards and has been featured in publications such as, Techcrunch, Entrepreneur, Bon-a-Petit, and The New York Times.
About the Role
Rip Van is actively hiring an FP&A Manager who will work closely with our President on a range of finance and strategy efforts. The FP&A Manager will be responsible for financial modeling and forecasting, managing our annual and quarterly plans, reviewing and reporting on plan vs actual, and conducting other financial analyses to inform decision making. Additionally, this person will be closely involved with reporting to management and other key stakeholders.
The right person for this role is highly analytical, detail oriented, and skilled at building processes. They are comfortable breaking complex problems down into component pieces, conducting rigorous analysis to generate actionable insights, and implementing new efforts to generate business impact. A successful FP&A Manager will be able to generate high quality work in a fast paced environment, quickly conduct analyses to reflect changing business environments, and communicate and collaborate effectively across verticals.
- Consolidation of financial statements and preparation of periodical analysis
- Manage sales dashboard and perform weekly sales analysis anWd reporting
- Own weekly process of updating budget
- Own all line items COGS and below (not including revenue, trade-spend, or freight)
- Ensure all SG&A and COGS costs are within budget
- Create policies and procedures to reduce non revenue driving SG&A expense and reduce COGS
- Hit target cash conversion metrics
- Oversee relationship with ABL provider and negotiate rates
- Oversee internal and external resources accounting month end close
- Oversee internal bookkeeping
What you get:
- Equity in the form of Incentive Stock Options
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurances Premiums covered by Rip Van
- “Dinner at Rip Van” a perk for anyone who chooses to work late (an optional benefit)
- All of the equipment you’ll need to be successful
- A collaborative and fast-paced environment where the best ideas win
- Dog friendly office in the Greenpoint neighborhood of Brooklyn
Interviews start: ASAP
Job starts: ASAP
Location: Brooklyn, NY
- Reports To CFO and President