About The Position
Relationship builder based out of Hobart-ish area to get the freshest, tastiest beer in the market!
Revolution Brewing is beyond excited to be hiring a Sales Rep for Northwest Indiana! We’re looking for a voice to represent Rev as we work with our distributor and retail partners as we try to get the freshest beer in the market. As makers of the tastiest beer in the market, we want to make Rev the preferred supplier for accounts and local distribution.
Your main goal is relationship building, using our data to show our partners how we can best sell tasty beer in the shortest amount of time for them. This position will be working primarily within the assigned area of north/northwest Indiana, specifically with Indiana Beverage. As a result, a license and vehicle is required for this role.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Communicate heavily with our distributors and accounts as you meet quarterly and annual KPI's as set by our Director of Sales.
- Be the expert on Revolution products, as well as emerging trends in craft beer.
- Be in the field 3-4 days per week visiting on/off premise accounts, as safely and realistically as possible in the time of COVID-19. One of those days may be spent traveling to other distributor areas outside of the core territory. You’ll spend at least 1 day per week recapping communication to Retailers/Distributors/Director of Sales in VIP/Karma notes, and reaching out to accounts that need some love.
- When its finally safe to do so, you’ll also join ride-alongs with the distributor, conduct samplings and promotions, set up and represent at regional festivals, and conduct brewery visits for retailers. With this portion of the role currently on hold, you’ll spend more of your time on digital communications and off-premise programming.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- 3-5 years of experience working for a beer wholesaler or supplier within the market is preferred. A College/Uni degree is NOT required, but all majors welcome if you do have a degree.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills - you will be expected to write sample communications as you'd share with our distributor during the interview process.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially using formulas in Excel after downloading data and info from VIP to target your sales goals.
- Must have a reliable car and be able to travel; overnight travel will be required of this position for various events requiring all hands on deck (when – you guess it! – it’s safe to do so).
- Must be able to work flexible hours as needed (including evenings and weekends for various sales and marketing events).
- Must be able to maneuver and place 35-pound cases and 168-lb kegs, with assistance provided to ensure you can accomplish these product movements.