About The Position
ResQ was founded with the belief that restaurant operators and service providers should have a much better way to operate their businesses. As a first step towards our mission, we have built a SaaS-enabled marketplace that helps fast-growing restaurants manage their repairs and maintenance, empowering them to focus on their customers.
Repair and maintenance is the heartbeat of any restaurant's operations, yet the existing management methods are complex, expensive, and time-consuming. With ResQ, restaurants can simply get connected to qualified service providers, submit jobs, track progress, and pay, all in one place.
We are trusted by the world's leading restaurant brands and are venture-backed by top-tier global VCs - and we are just getting started. We are not your average company. We believe magic happens when you bring highly effective people together to solve tough problems and achieve great outcomes. If you are looking for a talented mission-driven team that is continuously learning and iterating, and drawn to solve challenging problems with a people-first mindset, we'd like to meet you!
What You Will Do
We are looking for a Business Development Representative who will play a pivotal role in growing our pipeline and booking opportunities for our sales team. You will generate new business through inbound leads and outbound prospecting, qualifying leads and positioning ResQ to potential customers.
As a Business Development Representative at ResQ you will be contributing in the following area:
- Building pipeline You will be responsible for targeting and qualifying prospects, conduct discovery calls and identifying opportunities for the sales team.
- Prospecting You will develop outbound prospecting strategies working closely with the sales and marketing team.
- Hitting activity metrics You are a driven sales professional that will generate 60 - 100 activities/day through email, calling and social media.
- Tracking and achieving targets You will experiment different "out of the box" ways to generate and close new leads. You are highly metrics-driven and relentless in exceeding your targets.
- Develop your sales career Learn the full sales cycle by working closely with marketing, sales and customer success teams.
- At least one year of professional experience
- Self-starter who has a desire to learn, grow, and excel in their role
- You have an understanding of sales processes and the importance of moving leads through the funnel - You should have the ability to deal with and thrive on objections and rejection on a daily basis
- You have a data and metric driven mindset with an unwavering dedication towards achieving your and company's targets
- You take Extreme Ownership in everything you do - it's one of our core operating principles.
- You are open to transparent feedback as we encourage open dialogue and provide candid feedback to help each other succeed
- You have a customer-first mindset as we are obsessed with customer experience and setting new standards for excellent service
- You are an ambitious top performer, you persevere through intense obstacles
- You have experience with sales tools (e.g. Salesforce)
- Experience in the restaurant industry or technology marketplaces considered an asset
What you'll enjoy about ResQ as a Full-Time Employee:
We believe in taking care of each other, and here are some ways we support our team to be their best selves.
Health & Wellness
- Financial Health: Competitive compensation and stock option grants that encourage you to grow and stay at ResQ
- Enhanced health & dental benefits for you and your family that start from day one
- Top of market maternity leave to help you focus on what matters the most
- Flex-place options that balance in-office and remote working
- All in-office employees are fully vaccinated for COVID-19
- All full time ResQers enjoy a three weeks of vacation that give you permission to disconnect from work. PLUS ResQers who complete 3 years get another week of vacation!
- PLUS two bonus ResQ Be Well Days to support time for mental health, community service or whatever is important to you
- PLUS three bonus ResQ End-of-Year days off to reset and start the New Year energized
- PLUS enjoy Freedom Fridays during the summer (May-Sept) where there are no meetings from 2 pm onwards!
Community & Culture
- Culture of Freedom, Responsibility and Togetherness to make you feel like a 'founder' of ResQ
- Monthly and Quarterly team events to bond and make life-long memories
- Slack channels to make you smile and get to know everyone you work with
- Dog friendly office where you can have moments of canine joy during your day at the office!
Learning & Development
- 'WOW Hours' with industry leaders and entrepreneurs for personal and professional growth
- Company supported learning events
- Quarterly awards that makes you shine and feel appreciated for your work
- Weekly 1-1's with direct managers and regular 1-1s with CEO to help support growth and professional development
- Transparent feedback to foster open dialogue and help you succeed
- Growth programs focusing on personal and professional growth allowing you to take on new roles, responsibilities and challenges
Our Core Values
Uplift & Inspire: We inspire with our thirst for excellence, and consistently lead by example with every interaction. We support and uplift each other as a team, fostering a culture of togetherness.
Deliver 'WOW' experiences: We are obsessed with setting new standards and going above and beyond what's expected. We work hard to make an emotional impact in every interaction whether internally with our team members, or externally with our customers and service partners.
Take Extreme Ownership: We are a team of owners. We sweat the details and own our outcomes, including our wins and failures. We cast no blame and make no excuses.
Keep it Real: We are courageous to foster open and free dialogue. We strive to be transparent and constructive with each other and expect the best from everyone.
ResQ strongly believes that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will result in a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users. ResQ is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants based on race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, or disability, or any other status or condition protected by Ontario or local law. ResQ is committed to workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.