Republic National Distributing Company
View Full Profile
The Vice President, Talent and Organizational Development is responsible for leading and directing the strategic human capital plan related to talent management, talent development, and organizational development. This individual is accountable for the design, development, deployment, and measurement of talent management programs that facilitate professional development and continuous learning of employees across the organization, including new hire onboarding, employee training programs, leadership development, succession planning, career pathing, performance management, change management, employee engagement, career development, and related culture initiatives.
• Oversee, develop, recommend, and lead key strategic talent initiatives such as leadership development, change management, workforce and succession planning, talent acquisition, employee training and development, performance management, coaching up to the executive level and organizational design and development.
• Consult with leadership to drive systemic, organizational and people strategies that are aligned with our business strategy and that support organizational direction and culture.
• Design and implement leadership development strategies for the company, with close alignment to the business and succession planning outcomes.
• Collaborate with leaders on best practices and methods on professional development plans, career pathing, and succession plans with focus on Top Talent and senior leaders.
• Conduct needs analysis studies and confer with Management to determine learning needs.
• Build out training programs and industry education programs that drive functional expertise and maximize teammate effectiveness and efficiency.
• Plan learning and staff development programs such as classroom training, demonstrations, on-the-job training, role play, self-study, meetings, conferences, storytelling and workshops. Research and select outside consultants and trainers to conduct training for specific internal groups.
• Set the vision for programs, practices, and processes that make a strategic connection between diversity and inclusion practices as it relates to the talent management and development strategy.
• Oversee the innovation, maintenance, and execution of the performance management system and processes, the talent acquisition strategy and operation, the creation of efficient and high-quality sourcing/recruiting planning and processes and participate in recruitment for senior-level positions.
• Maintain knowledge of laws, regulations, and best practices in employment law, human resources, and talent management.
• Provide supervisory oversight of a dedicated Talent Management Team.
Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university preferred; 15 or more years related experience in the specialized area of Organizational Development and Talent Management/Development preferred and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master's Degree in Human Resources Management, OD, or applicable field is a plus. A doctorate degree in Industrial Organizational Development preferred.
• Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
• Knowledge of the following: HCM software; Learning Management Systems; Talent Management Systems; Applicant Tracking System; database user interface and query software; electronic mail software; word processing software; and HTML coding experience.
• SHRM or ATD professional achievement certifications
• Estimated travel is 25% or less per month.