Oversee and supervise all activities of the transportation/delivery department. Responsibilities
• Provides appropriate staffing, training, certification, safety supervision and motivation to the delivery personnel.
• Maintains ALL company commitments to customer service through timely and efficient deliveries in accord with all state and federal regulations.
• Supervises all aspects of the product delivery operation and customer relations including the security of products during the process of delivery.
• Adheres to customer credit restrictions and requirements during the course of receiving their deliveries.
• Works cooperatively with sales departments to provide prompt, accurate, product deliveries to customers in a timely and efficient manner.
• Maintains all facets of the delivery process in keeping with applicable requirements for safety and documentation ensuring drivers possess safe driving records, are properly licensed and comply in all respects with DOT requirements.
• Coordinates delivery activity following scheduling guidelines established by the Roadnet System ensuring that deliveries are conducted in an economic, efficient manner.
• Ensures that deliveries are conducted in compliance with federal, state, local and insurance regulations concerning safety and the handling of alcoholic beverages.
• Guarantees corporate documentation procedures are consistently followed.
• Responsible for the safe, cost effective operations of all delivery vehicles.
• Directly supervises the care and maintenance of all delivery trucks and vehicles, including communications systems, ensuring their consistent compliance with federal, state, county, and city inspections and licensing regulations.
• Manages three to five subordinate supervisors who supervise a total of 40+ employees in Transportation. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units.
• Interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Qualifications
Associates degree from a two year college or technical school preferred; two years previous transportation and/or training experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to regularly operate a motor vehicle
• Requires a current state driver's license
• Ability to meet company vehicle insurance requirements
• Alcohol Beverage Commission (ABC) License, as required by the state (i.e. TABC License - Texas)
We are an Equal Opportunity employer.