The Talent Acquisition Specialist is a member of the TA Team and responsible for the talent acquisition and onboarding practices for the business. The primary responsibility is to provide subject matter expertise and support to line management on staffing and recruiting best practices and technology. This responsibility includes building proactive and positive relationships with local community resources, colleges, universities, and military installations that delivers a talent pool and pipeline of qualified and diverse candidates. Secondary responsibilities include leading the new hire associate onboarding process and critical touchpoints throughout the associates first 90 days to deliver a best-in-class workplace experience. This role partners with line management and the HR Leader on developing and executing retention practices that ensures the new associate remains engaged and focused on a successful career at RNDC. Responsibilities
• Responsible for understanding and use of selection tools and the training/education of the tools with the end-users.
• Develops, leads, and executes staffing and recruitment action plans that address critical business needs. Partners with local hiring managers market specific staffing needs.
• Meet with applicants to discuss the position, screen them for suitability, including assigning necessary assessments, coordinate hiring manager interviews and set up realistic job previews
• Facilitate hiring practices using talent acquisition software to include offer letters, pre-employment screenings, candidate communications and onboarding coordination
• Represent the Company to the community at-large to find talent pools and sourcing opportunities to attract talent to the Company.
• Create relationships with colleges, military and diversity recruiting resources to identify pipelines for future talent. Coordinate participation in various job fairs and may be required to make presentations develop/maintain contacts and act as liaison with schools, alumni groups, outreach organizations, and other groups as necessary to meet recruiting objectives.
• Identify viable talent pools through networking, social media and other tactics to seek the top individuals to fill open positions
• Work with Corporate Talent Acquisition department to develop creative ways for addressing talent acquisition challenges and amplifying the Employer Brand.
• Coordinate and facilitate onboarding and orientation process with new employees, creating critical touch points throughout the associates first 90 days.
• Deliver regular talent acquisition metric analysis and identify retention strategies for existing workforce. Proactively seeks market intelligence to gain competitive advantage in attraction, assessment and sourcing methodologies. Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in business, human resources or a related field preferred. Three or more years of Staffing/Recruitment experience, strong understanding and ability to recruit in all levels of the organization. Must understand the full-cycle of talent acquisition including related technology solutions. Must have experience in identifying and recruiting diverse talent pools.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer. Compensation & Benefits
For full-time associates, this job position offers health, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) Plan, and a Health Savings Account (HSA). Other benefits include company-paid benefits such as life insurance, short-term disability and company-paid holidays. We also offer a paid time off (PTO) program to provide associates with scheduled or unscheduled paid time off from work that can be used for needs such as vacation, personal or family illness, doctor appointments and other activities of the associate's choice.
Participation in these programs are subject to applicable wait periods and all plan and program terms and eligibility.
With roots extending before Prohibition, Republic National Distributing Company (RNDC) is a family-owned business that has evolved into one of the nation's largest wine and spirits wholesalers. We offer a vibrant inclusive culture and workplace experience for individuals who desire a profession that makes them feel accomplished, challenged, and engaged. Our associates are diverse, passionate, and socially responsible making RNDC an employer of choice in the industry.
At RNDC, we care about your well-being at work and with your family. We offer competitive pay, benefits, and other programs to help with finances, legal issues and even your pets. We deliver exceptional professional development and career advancement opportunities. Your success and achievement is supported by innovative learning programs, industry certifications, associate resource groups, diversity councils, mentorships, and an enthusiastic network of professional peers who care about you and our communities. Together, we partner with our communities to achieve a better and more sustainable future for all.
With high-energy professionals who genuinely enjoy their jobs, at RNDC we believe If It's Fun, We're Doing It Right!