The State Sales Finance Manager I partners with several internal business colleagues on the corporate and national sales teams to manage key responsibilities related to supplier contracts and relations. The role also manages assigned personnel and function in such a way as to meet and exceed the company's objectives by performing the following duties. Responsibilities
• Assists leadership on setting and achieving goals and budgets in partnership with sales line management and leadership.
• Regularly analyzes profitability and viability of programs; identifies opportunities with brands, categories, inventory, etc.
• Responsible for the management and productivity of the team/department functions including the supplier accounts receivable; conduct gross profit analysis; fund analysis; data quality; costing; federal compliance; and supply chain management.
• Understands and can communicate the pricing strategy, concepts, ideas, and opportunities. Also includes approving pricing overrides, as necessary.
• Establishes and maintains a strong and positive network with supplier contacts and key supplier leaders.
• Conducts analysis and approval of supplier incentives; ensures compliance and execution of supplier contracts; monitor incentive spend and ensure profitability and appropriate ROI; ensures proper bill-back percentages for supplier incentives. Qualifications
Master's or bachelor's degree preferred and/or equivalent degree (preferably in accounting, finance, economics, or supply chain management.); or four to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Three or more years of previous management in finance with an alcoholic beverage wholesaler or supplier highly preferred. Experience must include financial analysis; change management; and responsibility for managing and leading an accountable team. Industry knowledge (supplier or wholesale distributor) is preferred.
• Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors
• Ability to travel up to 25% time
• Ability to regularly operate a motor vehicle
• Current state driver's license
We are an equal opportunity employer.