The Senior Director, Total Rewards will lead the corporate health and welfare benefits total rewards team including associate service center. This role is responsible for ensuring the Company retains competitive, cost effective and compliant benefit programs that meet the corporate objectives of cost effective and sustainable programs providing high quality benefit plans and services to associates. Guide medical and health related benefits policies and strategies throughout the organization. Directs the planning, design and compliant administration of the Company-sponsored employee benefit plans. Includes management of health benefits, absence management and time off programs, life and disability insurances, and supplemental programs. Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned:
• Management of ERISA qualified medical plans, non-qualified supplemental insurance, and other related activities to support the continuing growth of the organization.
• Provide leadership in the development of strategic recommendations for total rewards benefit program design, administration, and funding.
• Provide leadership, support, guidance and direction to personnel working in the benefits total rewards department.
• Manage broker / consultant relationship as well as all third party providers / carriers to maximize total rewards benefits, ensure alignment with company strategy, and minimize costs.
• Provide oversight of processes and procedures, monitors and report costs. Manages all drafts / reviews / updates of plan documents and associate communications.
• Provide oversight of technologies, responsible for flawless execution and continuous improvement.
• Monitor controls and procedures to ensure plans are designed and delivered in a compliant and fiscally efficient manner. Determine, develop and obtain approval for plan changes/new plans or services, oversees implementation of approved recommendations.
• Ensures compliance with ERISA, IRS, DOL, ADA, FMLA, COBRA, HIPAA, ACA, USERRA, Section 125 and other federal, state, and local laws as applicable.
• Works closely with outside counsel to ensure overall compliance.
• Lead merger & acquisitions due diligence / integration activities.
• Work with the business units and executive management to establish short- and long-term objectives and strategies, including financial performance, for the Company's total rewards benefits programs.
• Reviews effectiveness of current programs and recommends revision and / or design changes. Actively leads all related RFPs and requests for information.
• Assist on projects and initiatives as assigned. Qualifications
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university preferred; or ten + years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience managing and leading a professional Benefits Team is required.
The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. Prefer SHRM or Benefits Certification. There is about 20% travel required for the position.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer.