Responsible for advancing and sustaining the company's IT service management strategies within IT to support the business. This position supports the current implementation of the ServiceNow platform with implemented modules and applications. Additionally, this role will expand and support the implementation of future modules (CMDB, Knowledge Management, problem management, etc.). The ServiceNow Developer will independently prioritize, analyze, configure, and implement requested changes to the RNDC ServiceNow system. This role will critically analyze business processes and map them to the ServiceNow system to enable improvement and gain efficiencies in operations while reducing overhead and cost. Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned:
• Assists Scrum Master/Business Analyst/Product Manager in estimating the level of effort
• Takes ownership of high level/complex business requirements and works them to completion
• Understand business user stories/requirements to provide the technical design and solution for product enhancements/new features
• Collaborate with many teams and stakeholders locally and remote to efficiently and effectively deliver product enhancements, new features, and defect fixes
• Provide updated documentation of all product work, including but not limited to, design documentation, technical operations/support documentation, and release notes
• Support existing and build new interfaces and have a good understanding of available integrations with 3rd party tools
• Ensure all work adheres to the processes, policies and best practices for development and the platform for ServiceNow
• Maintain updated knowledge of product capabilities to ensure we are best utilizing the platform with minimal customization
• Contribute to the evaluation/execution of ServiceNow upgrades
• Assist team members with support issues for items developed
• Participate in daily standups to report status, delays and risks to scrum master/team leads/management
• Work with members of the team, vendors, and other teams in support of application performance tuning and troubleshooting
• Ensure the system maintains compliance with policies and procedures
• Practices safety conscious behaviors in all processes and procedures
• Serve as a mentor to other team members and provide technical guidance to the process and management teams Qualifications
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university, preferably in a technical area. ITIL certification preferred. Six Sigma/Lean certification a plus. Experience with project leadership in technology preferred. Experience working in wholesale or retail industry preferred. To perform this job successfully, an individual should also have the following:
• Microsoft suite knowledge with emphasis on Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
• Background and development experience with ServiceNow platform.
• Ability to effectively write code (e.g., in one or more languages) in order to develop effective and efficient solutions to computing need.
• Software development knowledge, including practice, concepts, technology, and methodology obtained through formal training and/or work experience.
• Experience with database design schemas and data modeling.
• Experience creating and maintaining business rules, data policies, client scripts, UI policies, UI Actions, Notifications, ACLs, Workflow, Variables, Portal Widgets, and Flow Designer Flows.
• Experience with configuration and customization to the ITSM, ITOM, and ITBM suites in the ServiceNow Platform including Service Portal.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer.