Supervises and coordinates activities of workers concerned with ordering, receiving, storing, maintaining inventory and shipping products of beverage products by performing the following duties. Responsibilities
• Reviews marketing forecasts for completeness and accuracy and coordinates with other Agents to prepare bond withdrawals based on the forecasts, utilizing a "first in - first out" strategy; evaluates and sets forecasts for low and high volume products.
• Evaluates suppliers for issuance of purchase orders for specific coverage periods and provides pre-determined buy-in coverage for supplier price increases, or changes in supplier price supports, in a manner that encompasses increased demand before the price increase.
• Maintains purchasing schedule, purchase allowance schedule and alters procurement frequency in response to supplier programs and special offers; processes all approved special order requests immediately and forwards pertinent information to marketing.
• Maintains balance of inventory between markets through review of sales performance against forecast, supplier buy-ins, and early or delayed shipments; responds to back order issues, imminent revisions to forecasts and transfer requests in a timely manner.
• Reviews and maintains current, complete supplier files with regard to product status, lead time, shipping terms, contact names, warehouse locations, and any other supplier information.
• Selects and assigns freight carrier and mode from acceptable options, with consideration given to speed and cost required; maintains current estimated time of arrival information at all times, and a written record of lost, delayed or damaged shipments. Qualifications
One year certificate from college or technical school preferred; three to six months related experience, preferably previous purchasing experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to work overtime
• Have knowledge of: accounting, enterprise resource planning (ERP), financial analysis and project management software
We are an Equal Opportunity employer.