The Operation Manager Designate position is a management position with an aggressive curriculum with which to learn all operational job functions within the warehouse/delivery and office settings with the expectation of utilizing this specific work area knowledge to manage alongside Operations Managers. In the absence of the Operations Manager the Designate will take an acting role within the location. Upon completion of assignment the Designate is expected to relocate - must be mobile within continental U.S. Responsibilities
• Work in all operational departments to gain knowledge, skills and abilities to lead and manage functions as the designee for Operations Manager. Departmental training will include sales and marketing, customer service, accounting, delivery, shipping, receiving, purchasing, human resources and payroll. Training in each area will require implementation of knowledge, and execution of skills learned which may include supervision of personnel, development of activities, implementation and review of current or new processes.
• Completion of all assigned leadership training modules, technical training program and identified leadership seminars. Facilitate program evaluation meetings to evaluate, recommend and outline skills mastered during functional training by area.
• Identify and evaluate trends and areas of opportunity within the operational environment. Work with operations managers to identify possible solutions. Create and present suggested options for addressing opportunity areas to leadership team. Identify both positive and negative trends for improvement or sustainability.
• Attend, present and engage with all operational meetings to include, town hall, weekly management meetings, round table discussions, shift start up meetings, etc.
• Work with and through management to develop and implement action plans to protect company assets and profitability. Present leadership with specific actionable items recommended based on functional area training. Direct and oversee implementation for approved change recommendations.
• Analyze operations productivity and company profitability through the use of company reporting systems. Attend and present operational financial data to senior leadership at quarterly financial reviews. Qualifications
Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from 4-year college or university; or 1 to 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education & experience. Business and Finance specialties are preferred. Intermediate to advanced use of Word, Excel, general Windows use required. Knowledge of basic Accounting & Database software (I.E. Oracle & Access). The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Some travel required.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer.