The Middleware Services Manager will be responsible for the internal architecture and development of how our organization exchanges data between applications and third-party software. Responsible for support of the Application Development's Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) initiatives by developing, implementing, and overseeing the organization's approach to service development, management and monitoring. Support multiple production systems, lead upgrades, and develop custom applications. This position will be project-centric while requiring supporting the business during discovery, blue-printing, readiness, training, and life-after-launch support. Responsibilities
• The Middleware Services Manager is responsible for leading a team of resources that support the Middleware, API, Microservices and integration Services provided to internal RNDC applications and external vendors.
• As the leader and resource manager of the Middleware team you will be responsible for setting priorities for the team, work assignments, coaching and mentoring team members.
• Design, construct and support middleware infrastructures that meets the requirements for organizational IT initiatives
• Champions "whole solution" thinking for integration, ensuring sufficient consideration of non-functional requirements and implications for how solution is promoted, sold, delivered, and monetized.
• Work on designing/implementing/automation procedures for deployment, configuration, patching and upgrading of systems and applications
• Conduct analysis of production systems and performance testing results to identify areas of improvement within the application or infrastructure Understanding of web services standards and technologies
• Architect and design the production and non-production environments
• Oversees and develops a base set of core reusable services for use in current and future projects
• Collaborates with development teams, business units to identify, define, develop and implement new enterprise reusable services or modifications to existing services
• Ensures developed services comply with established SOA governance rules, maturity and monitoring
• On-call duties - responsible for creating and maintaining a process that insures coverage for production sev1/sev2 oversite.
• Requirements: Bachelor's degree in business administration, financial or technical study. Minimum of 5 years procurement experience with various Indirect categories. Experience in a large corporate environment with multiple business units, operating in multiple locations and a decentralized management structure. Analytical skills, good knowledge of business analysis and costing - TCO models. Basic knowledge of legal documents, able to read and interpret contracts, and involve the legal support only when necessary. Available to travel as needed to various locations during business reviews. Qualifications
Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or related discipline. 5+ years of experience of software development or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
Experience in the following:
• Managing integration/middleware solutions such as API Management.
• PaaS platforms.
• Relevant experience as an Oracle SOA Architect with expertise in Oracle SOA 12c technology stack.
• Proven versatility across multiple technologies, applications, and industries with the ability to design, estimate, propose, build, and document enterprise class architecture solutions and systems based on Oracle's SOA technology.
• Offerings in complex environments (Highly Available and Clustered).
• Ability to work with and enhance complex, highly integrated enterprise applications.
• Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions
• Professional oral and written communication skills, communicate regularly and effectively with other team members.
• Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills, conducive to team development, work under own initiative. Ability to prioritize tasks and work concurrently on multiple tasks.
• Project management experiences a plus.
• Oracle JDeveloper
• Microsoft Office 365 product
• ER Diagraming tool (i.e. Visio, Lucid Charts, Draw.io, etc)
• Toad for Oracle
• FTP software
• Understanding of Linux command line
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.