Performs functions to plan, control, coordinate and direct activities related to merchandising. Responsibilities
• Designs, directs and coordinates the implementation of merchandising programs with the sales and marketing departments.
• Monitors activities related to data entry and inventory accounting to ensure that the established controls are in effect and departmental objectives are achieved.
• Directs overall merchandising materials buying activities and establish goals to meet company profit objectives.
• Meets and works with customer accounts as necessary to implement merchandising plans and programs.
• May manage 10-20 non-exempt employees and one exempt supervisor. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of these employees.
• Interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Possession of and operating a motor vehicle to access customer accounts for delivery, promotion, and efficient and prompt sales and other key activities. Qualifications
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred; preferably supervisory and/or training experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds.
• Requires a current, valid state driver's license
• Ability to meet vehicle insurance requirements as defined by the Company
• Alcohol Beverage Commission (ABC) License, as required by the state (i.e. TABC License - Texas)
• Ability to regularly operate a motor vehicle
• Ability to work overtime when needed
We are an Equal Opportunity employer.