The IT Asset Administrator uses various asset management systems and technological knowledge to perform analyses, prepare reports, and evaluate current lifecycle status on all hardware, software, and maintenance contracts to support the IT Procurement Team. They will interface with the corporate and local Information Technology Support teams to identify and address asset lifecycle and maintenance needs. Responsibilities
IT Asset Management includes maintaining and providing the evidence that RNDC has a comprehensive program in place for change control, access to programs and data, computer operations, IT service management and IT asset lifecycle management.
• The IT asset management administrator provides for the general IT asset management including administration, monitoring, security, audit compliance and ongoing support for the RNDC configuration management database (CMDB) and the IT Depot, as well as IT hardware maintenance contract management.
• Provides management of Software assets including access requests, assignment, and license rationalization through periodic reviews to include contract compliance and review.
• Provides subject matter expertise throughout RNDC IT service management, change control, access to programs and data, computer operation and procurement software tools and processes including coordination with Deskside Support.
• Monitors and evaluates the use and health of the CMDB and associated processes and asset feeder systems.
• Develops standards and guidelines focused on good operations and maintenance practices.
• Provides operations performance metric information including service levels, asset aging and release management.
• Coordinates with the Purchasing team on annual lifecycle needs for aging asset replacements. Managing the full cycle schedule from order to deployment.
• Issues regular asset management report cards as well as local audits of the database.
• Works with Corporate IT to develop hardware contract specifications and develop asset management lifecycle processes.
• Works within infrastructure operations (IO) to review performance data & develop corrective action as needed. Develops and conducts problem analysis. Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business, or related field of study; at least three years of experience in one or more of the following: hardware & software asset management, lifecycle management, and contract compliance reviews; experience using Asset Management tools, CMDB tools, ServiceNow, AirWatch, and LANDesk; or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Certification as an Asset Management Professional preferred. Some travel (approximately 10%) required.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer.