Assists Drivers in loading and unloading merchandise. Responsibilities
• Accurately delivers invoiced products by bottle, case, pallet or hand-stack from the delivery truck and placing said merchandise into customer account.
• As required, may place product in designated areas such as coolers or shelves at customer location.
• Verifies receipt of correct order with the customer by checking product type and size against the provided invoice, obtains customer signature and non-cash payment if necessary, for goods received. Listens to and resolves service complaints.
• Adjusts invoices noting errors or shortages of product and returns extra product to the warehouse.
• Ensures physical security of truck at all times.
• Delivers to approximately 19 accounts daily. May deliver to up to 30 accounts during times of increased account activity.
• Covers approximately 160 miles daily, miles occasionally increase anywhere from 200 to 300 miles during times of increased account activity or out of town routes.
• Provide feedback to transportation management in terms of route changes or route concerns.
• May utilize a smartphone for interaction with HOS service software and/or driver monitoring programs.
• Ability to regularly operate a motor vehicle, delivery trucks; pallet jacks, handcarts, global positioning system receivers, location based messaging service platforms and portable data input terminals. Qualifications
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), preferably one year delivery experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. The employee must regularly lift and /or move more than 100 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Requires a current state driver's license. Alcohol Beverage Commission (ABC) License, as required by the state (i.e. TABC License - Texas). We are an Equal Opportunity employer.