Plan, direct, or coordinate the storage or distribution operations within an organization or the activities of organizations that are engaged in storing or distributing materials or products. Responsibilities
• Prepare and manage departmental budgets.
• Supervise the activities of workers engaged in receiving, storing, testing, and shipping products or materials.
• Interview, select, and train warehouse and supervisory personnel.
• Plan, develop, or implement warehouse safety and security programs and activities.
• Prepare or direct preparation of correspondence, reports, and operations, maintenance, and safety manuals.
• Issue shipping instructions and provide routing information to ensure that delivery times and locations are coordinated.
• Confer with department heads to coordinate warehouse activities, such as production, sales, records control, or purchasing.
• Review invoices, work orders, consumption reports, or demand forecasts to estimate peak delivery periods and to issue work assignments.
• Inspect physical conditions of warehouses, vehicle fleets, or equipment and order testing, maintenance, repairs, or replacements.
• Schedule or monitor air or surface pickup, delivery, or distribution of products or materials. Qualifications
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university or equivalent preferred; five or more years related experience, of which three to five years previous distribution, transportation and/or warehouse management and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.