The Director Safety RNDC will be responsible for the development, coordination and implementation of occupational health policies and procedures to ensure effective safety operations within the organization. This role will support critical business operations in such a way as to meet and exceed the company's objectives. Responsibilities
• Collaborate with Operations Management to develop, prepare and implement safety policies and procedures for a national, multi-site organization.
• Ensure compliance with federal, state and local safety laws, regulations, codes and rules.
• Ensure completion of all required OSHA record keeping and reporting requirements.
• Provides technical and administrative guidance to support all RNDC branch Safety Committees.
• Stops all activities that could harm associates or equipment.
• Identifies opportunities to minimize workplace injuries, accidents and health problems.
• Conducts relevant associate training on applicable safety standards.
• Regularly reviews safety training content and recommends revisions, improvements, and updates.
• Conducts regular safety inspections and audits to assess workplace compliance with safety regulations.
• Reviews all accident and incident reports.
• Performs all other related duties as assigned. Qualifications
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university or equivalent required with a safety-related degree preferred; one to two years' job-related experience in industrial setting required; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge and experience in developing and deploying policy and process based on OSHA regulations preferred. BCSP-Associate Safety Professional (ASP) Certification required. Certification as OSHA Authorized General Industry Trainer and Certified Safety Professional (CSP) designation preferred. Must be able to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. This position requires 30-50% travel.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer.