Republic National Distributing Company
View Full Profile
The Director of Data Center, Cloud, & Centralized Operations will be responsible for overseeing a blend of co-located and in-house data centers as well as a hybrid cloud environment that supports critical business operations in all markets.
• Develops, coordinates, maintains, and supports IT systems, as well as strategic and operational plans in support of the mission and goals of Republic National.
• Manage Capex, and Opex costs, appropriate value for investments
• Responsible for running a 24x7x365 Cloud Infrastructure and Operations organization with staff located in multiple locations.
• Develop a service-oriented team that provides seamless cloud and on-premise services to all facets of Republic National and ensures stable operations of production services.
• Manages and leads vendor relationship to maintain day to day operations and strategic goals for Data Center Operations SLA's and deliverables. Works with current vendor stakeholders and partners to develop and deliver strategic plans. Oversees all data center vendor contracts, streamlining services required and optimizing overall costs.
• Leads & Mentors Data Center/Cloud Operations team with expertise in strategic growth technologies such Azure/ AWS.
• Establishes key KPI, SLA's, metrics and measurements demonstrating area health. Communicates through operational reviews. Measures and tracks against industry benchmarks and standards.
• Participate in the preparation, maintenance, and periodic testing of Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plan, to ensure the continuity of computing and communication services in the case of an event that renders IT services inoperative.
• Work closely with Engineering, Data Center Operations and technology vendors to ensure SLAs are met and quality meets or exceed expectations.
• Manage the vision, design, and deployment of cloud infrastructure, including compute, storage, and network systems for cloud hosting.
• Serve as Subject Matter Expert pertaining to strategic plans for the enhancement of server, cloud, desktop virtualization, storage, and database services to support overall technology posture; perform strategic planning and analysis for the expansion and upgrades of on-site and cloud infrastructure.
• 8+ years of experience implementing process and protocol in a technically diverse environment consisting of but not limited to: Microsoft, Cisco, Hybrid Cloud, Warehouse Automation (Operational Technology)
o Additional Technologies include:
Microsoft Office365 / Cisco / Aruba WiFi / F5 / Internet & SIP / RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) / SD WAN / Microsoft Azure / AWS / Microsoft / VMware / Data Centers
• Education: B.S. in Computer Science or Management Information Systems and/or commensurate years of real-world experience in Data Center Operations or Cloud Engineering.
• Nice to have but not required: Certifications such as Cisco CCNP, VMware's Certified Professional - Network Virtualization, AWS Certified Advanced Networking, EMC Data Center Architect, CISSP, Cisco Cyber Security Specialist, Palo Alto Certified Network Security Engineer (PCNSE), etc....
• Travel expectations: ~30%