Responsible for selling products and services to a wide range of highly complex or major accounts and customers and/or a specific supplier. Accountable for increasing sales/client ratio and expanding customer base. Possesses an advanced knowledge of company and competitor policies, products and/or services or technology. Responsibilities
• Must demonstrate expertise knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services that are considered specialized, fine wine, vintage, luxury, and/or specific to a designated supplier's portfolio of brands.
• Management of special events such as Wine Marker Dinners, supplier market visits, and wine/spirit education to customers.
• Trains and/or educates the sales staff on all facets of wine knowledge. Coach and mentor less experienced sales representatives to achieve their sales targets and increase their product knowledge.
• Develop long-term sales plans for key customers and monitor and adapt sales activities so these objectives are met.
• Works with the marketing team on pricing programs for non-mainstream items to ensure product line is competitive in the marketplace to meet supplier goals.
• Works with third party industry professionals (supplier reps and customers) as part of the selling process of assigned brands and portfolio.
• Effectively influence full book resources for District Managers and representatives to ensure brands are amplified. Provide execution guidelines and influence to full book District Managers.
• Achieve volume goals assigned to respective distributor teams. Qualifications
Associates Degree or Bachelor's degree highly preferred, but not required. Related sales experience and/or training is required in wine and/or spirits sales (see below) or equivalent combination of education and experience is considered. Above-average knowledge of wine and/or spirits is required. Ability to calculate figures and amounts (such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume) and apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry to practical situations. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 30 pounds.
• Experienced-level: Related sales experience of six years or more; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Requires a current state driver's license
• Ability to meet company vehicle insurance requirements
• Alcohol Beverage Commission (ABC) License or Permit, as required by the state
• Industry Certification: CSW or CSS; and/or WSET I and WSET II or higher
• Ability to regularly operate a motor vehicle
• Availability to work nights and weekends on activities related to customer account events
We are an Equal Opportunity employer.