Portfolio development and management of the fine wine divisions to achieve company sales and profit objectives. Responsibilities
• Portfolio development of fine wine brands by identifying opportunity and voids.
• Responsible for the realization of division objectives for sales and revenues. Will create and utilize comprehensive sales plans that analyze competitive trends, gains and other activities in order to devise effective counter strategies and tactics.
• Manages the activities of subordinate internal and external sales staff and managerial personnel. Directs the company's field sales staff in achieving planned quotas.
• Travels to sales territories statewide to monitor field activities and gain perspective of current market conditions. Develops and maintains customer relationships within the marketplace.
• Plans and develops the annual sales forecasts by product line and region, as well as plan and develop the various aspects of sales meetings.
• Recommends advertising campaigns and performance incentive programs for the sales department.
• Analyzes past sales performance data in order to develop and initiate strategies for improvement.
• Interacts with Sales/Marketing management to interview future suppliers, while evaluating existing brands/types for future success.
• Engages in the more difficult negotiations (as support to sales representatives) to develop new business and resolve the more critical problem situations affecting the sales program. Qualifications
Bachelors degree from four-year college or university preferred; five or more years related experience with an alcoholic beverage wholesaler or supplier; or equivalent combination of education and experience. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 30 pounds. Requires a current, valid state driver's license; ability to meet vehicle insurance requirements as defined by the Company; Alcohol Beverage Commission (ABC) License, as required by the state (i.e. TABC License - Texas); ability to regularly operate a motor vehicle; and the ability to travel occasionally.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer.