Load and/or drives truck over established route to deliver products and potentially collect non- cash payments. Responsibilities
• Properly conducts a pre and post trip inspection, notating any vehicle defects. Abides by the DOT hours of service rules and regulations for their license type.
• The potential for dedicated overnight routes exist.
• Accurately delivers invoiced products by bottle, case, pallet or hand-stack from the delivery truck and placing said merchandise into customer account.
• Verifies receipt of correct order with the customer by checking product type and size against the provided invoice, obtains customer signature and payment if necessary, for goods received.
• Ensures physical security of truck at all times.
• Delivers to approximately 19 accounts daily. May deliver to up to 30 accounts during times of increased account activity.
• Covers approximately 160 miles daily, miles occasionally increase anywhere from 200 to 300 miles during times of increased account activity or out of town routes.
• Possibility to work with one or more helpers.
• Provide feedback to transportation management in terms of route changes or route concerns.
• May utilize a smartphone for interaction with hours of service (HOS) software and/or driver monitoring programs. Qualifications
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), preferably two years delivery experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. The employee must regularly lift up to 50 pounds and will occasionally lift up to 100 pounds.
• Requires a current Class B CDL driver's license (Class A CDL license also allowed and may be required for positions based on location); ability to meet company vehicle insurance requirements
• Must be able to obtain valid DOT medical certification card and file appropriately with state Motor Vehicle Department
• Alcohol Beverage Commission (ABC) License, as required by the state
We are an Equal Opportunity employer.