Republic National Distributing Company
View Full Profile
The Business Intelligence (BI) Architect I will become part of the team responsible for the complete lifecycle and management of new MicroStrategy project development and/or improving existing applications to meet the changing needs of our business at RNDC. Under general direction, responsible for gathering and analyzing data requirements, and developing the more complex logical and physical database designs and data models in support of enterprise information management.
• Provide technical oversight for the development of integrated Microstrategy solutions through expert guidance, review and validation of existing reporting and new solutions to ensure continuous accuracy and front end ease-of-use
• Conduct code reviews to ensure that team's progress is done according to best practices
• Responsible for analyzing various data structures, SQL queries optimization, report tuning
• Lead the BI team in developing strategies and roadmap for emerging business needs and technologies
• Architect scalable, high availability Business Intelligence solutions
• Lead and participate in all aspects of data warehouse/analytical projects including conceptualization, design, development, testing, selection, deployment, and post-implementation support
• Provide technological leadership in the design, development and documentation of the MicroStrategy data model, objects and information delivery
• Managing the migration of development, QA and production MicroStrategy projects and objects
• Lead system upgrades, testing and capacity planning, configuring, governing, trouble shooting and tuning of MicroStrategy Servers
Bachelor's degree from a four year college or university preferred related experience and/or training/ technical institute/degree/certificate in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field or equivalent. To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Data Warehouse / Microstrategy Software, Internet, Microsoft Office Suite software (such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, and etc.).
• 8+ years of full development lifecycle experience within Business Intelligence & Data warehouse projects
• 6+ years of experience with the entire MicroStrategy platform