Records payments to customers' accounts and maintains accounts receivable records by performing the following duties. Responsibilities
• Responsible for the set up and maintenance of all customer accounts in order-to-cash system.
• Checks in delivery drivers, reconciling all monies collected to invoices delivered.
• Applies and posts customer remittances to open accounts receivable.
• Reports all delinquent accounts to the ABC and sales management. Maintains the state list on delinquent accounts, releasing customer for shipment when payment has been received.
• Administration and reporting of all returned checks, in addition to affidavits and default notices to ABC.
• Researches and resolves account claims and discrepancies with customers.
• Prepares credits due to customers as a result of incomplete deliveries, pricing/discount issues, etc.
• Prepares daily bank deposits.
• Answers phone inquiries and follows up.
• Obtains and mails invoice copies for customers, as requested. Qualifications
One year certificate from college or technical school preferred; three to six months related experience and/or training, preferably in accounting work; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, in addition to compute rate, ratio, and percent. Knowledge of Internet, Microsoft Office Suite software and order processing systems or the aptitude to learn.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer.